How Or What Do You Pour Into With A 750m Bottle ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OR YOU COULD HTFU! :eek:) nowt wrong with yeasty sludge!

+1 --- JUST DRINK IT! Sludge is good for you.
Must be something wrong with your carbonation if your beer goes flat so soon? ---- The solution is to fix your carbonation or drink faster. :D

In my youth we used to place a teaspoon or a match over the head of the open half empty bottle to stop it going flat. Can't remember if this worked or not? Not that we cared too much. :lol:

TP :beer:

Leaving your beer to condition for a little longer should result in a finer, denser yeast layer that will barely swirl up at all if you pour carefully.

Racking your beers will help reduce sediment.

Personally, I just pour it out to whatever glass I am drinking from. If it gets stirred up so be it.

More of an Ale than Lager man myself so I guess that helps...

Never thought you'd get so many complicated answers from such a simple question.

A cloudy beer has never bothered me, and i'm quite a fan of rolling the bottle in the Coopers tradition just so I get a few delicious floaties in my beer.
Of course it depends on the beer. Hefeweizens and Belgians, go the roll, I want that sediment. Fruit beers and dregs bottles, pour with a bit more caution so I don't wind up having to chew my beer. And anything else i'm happy to have one clear glass and one cloudy one.

Mine don't seem to cloud up when pouring. Then again .... i do like the texture of a lump of hop pellet between the teeth

PET longneck = pour first schooner carefully, reseal, place bottle back in fridge door, drink first schooner, pour the rest, a little yeast never hurt anyone....

Glass longneck = Grab pint glass, pour till full, hold longneck on an angle, drink enough out of pint to make room for the rest of the longneck, top up glass.

if you still have problems, enrol HERE.
gary_larson_gifted_comp.jpg

stagga.

oh dear i think i accidentally logged onto www.beeradvocate.com

what next, a post on how to wash you glasses

PET longneck = pour first schooner carefully, reseal, place bottle back in fridge door, drink first schooner, pour the rest, a little yeast never hurt anyone....

Glass longneck = Grab pint glass, pour till full, hold longneck on an angle, drink enough out of pint to make room for the rest of the longneck, top up glass.
Just to revive this dying thread on the basics of pouring a 740ml or long neck without disturbing the sediment, I just tried a variation of the above method when faced with having to pour a 640ml bottle.

I arranged 2 glasses, one schooner size, one pint size, carefully popped to cap, poured into the smaller glass till half full or thereabout and then, while keeping the bottle at an angle, poured the remainder into the bigger glass until I saw the sediment appear at the neck (backlighted), thus filling the pint glass nicely to the top and leaving 1.5 cm of sludge at the bottom.

I can report a high level of success with this method, although drinking two glasses one after the other might require some HTFU.

Hopefully get a culture out of that lovely sludge :p

39197167_gold.jpg

What a great idea. I`ll have to try that.

stagga.

{all those other suggestions and no one even thought of that} :(

Try my ultimate technique, pour into a pint while drinking from it at the same time.....

This takes skill, best tried earlier in the evening.

Try my ultimate technique, pour into a pint while drinking from it at the same time.....

This takes skill, best tried earlier in the evening.
Or later if you're getting someone else to do it :lol:

What a great idea. I`ll have to try that.

stagga.

{all those other suggestions and no one even thought of that} :(
Maybe not so original. I just checked back on the original post and it suggests doing just that...

oh dear i think i accidentally logged onto www.beeradvocate.com

what next, a post on how to wash you glasses
Tried to find a link for you sinkas but I could only a three page thread about washing bottles. :huh:

If anybody knows the best way to wash glasses please send sinkas a PM :ph34r:

Just a suggestion...

NB: I haven't bothered to read most of this thread....

Bottle in 330ml bottles.

One glass, minimal sludge.

Huzzah!

:D

Latest posts

Back