How Much Would You Expect To Pay?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevo

Reaction score
Howdy,

Organised a swap with a BN member over from the states.

Had initially organised to pay the guy cash for these, but got him some Aussie beers which he was happy to do a straight swap for instead of cash.

What do you think I swapped for these beauties?

beers.jpg

Kev

There'd have to be a Coopers in there?

VB Raw
XXXX Gold
Coopers 62 pilsner
XXXX Summer Bright lager
I could go on...

Don't tell us you gave him a XXXX Gold,a Hahn Premium Light, a CUB Pure Blonde ... and a VB?

Tooheys Red
Carlton Cold
Fosters Light Ice
VB Gold

Please tell us you gave him something decent... like a Murrays?

I am not sure I could name 4 worthy megaswill beers...? :huh:

Coopers Vintage
Little Creatures Bright Ale

Sorry I prefer homebrew! Am lost for other suggestions!

Niice Haul!

I'd say there was:
Coopers Pale
Creatures Pale
Mountain goat hightail
Murrays 2IPA?

Murrays
Moo Brew or Seven Sheds (Kentish Ale)
Brew Boys
Coopers
Little Creatures

Edit: Perhaps coopers is a must... Vintage or Sparkling. My list did seems very hop focused, so maybe a swap from moo brew.

Coopers Stout
LCPA
JSGA
Crown Lager

hargreaves esb if you can find any. or holgate white ale.
coopers vintage or sparkling
LCPA
Mountain Goat
edit: or a kooinda

I had intended to give some beers and pay for the beers he brought over, and had i known he would settle for the beers only I'd have bought more...

Cooper's Sparkling Tallie
LCPA Pint
Burleigh Pale Ale Stubbie.

BARGAIN!! :D :D :D

was tempted to throw a XXXX or a VB in there, but he's a Brit living in US so was familiar with Oz swill.

Kev

My guess is VB, Crown, Extra Dry, and most likely a tinny of KB!!! :lol:

I think regardless of what Aussie beers you swapped, you got the better end of this trade! ;)

So i'm guessing you didn't fork out huge wads of cash for say a Crown Ambassador, Moo Oak-Aged Imperial Stout, Redoak Special Reserve and a Murrays Anniversary?

So i'm guessing you didn't fork out huge wads of cash for say a Crown Ambassador, Moo Oak-Aged Imperial Stout, Redoak Special Reserve and a Murrays Anniversary?

As an exchange?

The beers only cost the guy $22 AUD - so I wasn't out to spend a fortune.

Interesting that 4 beers of that quality cost the same/less than 4 tallies of coopers.

So ... when ae you cracking the imports? Let us know how they drink ... please :p

It looks like the Stone IPA cap has been damaged in transit - apparently it leaked. :(

So have a contingency plan. B)

If I crack it and there's nothing, I thought I might add a carbonation drop and a tiny amount of US-05 and see if it will recarb.

Any thoughts as to if that might work?

It won't be quite the same, but better than drinking it flat. I've had it before, an excellent beer and will be bummed if it's flat.

Kev

It looks like the Stone IPA cap has been damaged in transit - apparently it leaked. :(

So have a contingency plan. B)

If I crack it and there's nothing, I thought I might add a carbonation drop and a tiny amount of US-05 and see if it will recarb.

Any thoughts as to if that might work?

It won't be quite the same, but better than drinking it flat. I've had it before, an excellent beer and will be bummed if it's flat.

Kev

PET bottle and a carbonator cap??

Brad

Back