How Much Did You Brew In 2011?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
252L there abouts this year. Mostly extract and 2 all grains!!

Pretty quiet year actually so in short to the answer, I didnt brew enough.

New Years Resolution: Brew once a fortnight and learn the art of patience.

Hhmmm... just went through the files and noticed that they seriously need a clean up. My new years resolution will be to Number my brews once brewed to better keep track. These bloody dates in BS are all over the shop.

From what I gather I must have only brewed 21 batches at roughly 19L per batch. So that brings me to 399L.

Surprisingly only 12 of them were lagers (always thought I averaged about 80%) and 7 ales. One batch was starter wort which I no chilled in 1.25L bottles.

RUNNING TOTAL: 8,077L + Wallace's and NickJD's (unsure about batch sizes)

EDIT: Perry, anytime, was gonna suggest to you to do a Pils on your brewday for a change.

15 Brews = 9 Kits/Extracts, 1 Braggot, 6 AG beers. About 21L per brew so thats roughly 315L I produced.

Nice, that's a lot of money saved from the bottle-o. But on the flip side I spent a bit of money on different beers at the bottle-o that I overlooked before I got into home brewing. Oh well, still the best year of beer for me ever!

Estimate that i'm sitting around:
5 x 23L
6 x 45L
8 x 55L
2 x 60L

945L all up.
I probably drank around 60% of it.
Equivalent to 1.5L per day.

Not sure how much extract I brewed but changed to AG in October and managed to punch through around 200 liters.My wife was so proud when I informed her.

Good question.

Brewed about 650lt this year all of which was AG.

Always brewed something different, only doing the same brew twice....

That awards goes to Dr. Smurton's Golden, man I love that beer...

Cheers, Merry XMAS!! :icon_chickcheers:

A fairly quiet year for me, but I was absent in Europe during May/June this year.
Tasted lots of Euro beers during our trip.

All up, I brewed 260 litres.
Sadly I lost 23 litres of Best Bitter to an infection, so had to tip that one.

Wallace's and NickJD's (unsure about batch sizes)

It varies (I brew to OG, not to volume - so an IPA or a dubbel might be 12 or 13L, but a mid lager 19L).

So I'd guess an average of 16L x 51 = 816L or a sixpack a day between the two of us (4-5 me; 1-2 her).

168L over 5 batches (3 double and 2 singles).

Remi

Quiet year for me too this year 275 litres. Sadly Pils didn't do too well this year. But have brewed a couple of great Wits and a very nice IPA

Beer Alchemy tells me 866L for the last 12 months. 21 batches of 41.24L each. No wonder my liver hurts. :icon_drunk:

about 250L... scary

can't wait to see Ross's answer .... 10^??? L

Geez,
compared to some of you blokes i reckon i need to step up my game. I only brewed 292ltrs, a few 36ltr batches and the rest 46 ltrs of AG.

Slightly more than i got to drink...... Bloody visitors :p

after 18 months off and a move interstate i think i hit 100L in the last 2.5 months :p

Might have to add it up properly but I would say in the 600L range. I brew 36L most forghtnights.

Have a Safe Christmas to all.

27 batches of varying sizes totalling 830L. Fark that is too much.

Plenty of friends helped drink the above though, and there are a few lambics, etc still fermenting slowly...

Latest posts

Back