How Many Kegs Do You Own?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many 19 Litre's?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2

• 3-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• >16

• Total voters
8 x 18L and only three with beer in them!!
Double batch of Steam beer is happening this long weekend!!

Cheers,
TL

9 X 5 Gals
3 X 3 Gals

I personally think 9 is too much for me, I have never been able to brew enough to fill them all at once, the closest I have been was 7 I think.

I have 4 taps so 8 would be perfect so each tap has a backup keg. Can only chill 5 kegs though which sux. Need a bigger chest freezer.

7 x 19 litre
3 x 45 litre
3 x 11 litre

I brew mainly in winter and fill the lot up, then slowly empty them over summer.

12 x 18ltr
1 x 50 ltr
and an old school 70 ltr barrel type from the 50's or 60's
Only 4 having beer in them at present after many a great xmas break drink.

I too will fill them over the winter.
:chug: :party:
- Luke

Question.... are cornies 18 or 19 litre...????? it seems to be quoted different all the time.

anywho

1 x 18L (or 19)
2 x 4L :D

Question.... are cornies 18 or 19 litre...????? it seems to be quoted different all the time.

I've never actually measured the volume of mine. A typical "cornie" is a US design and is often quoted as 5 gallon. 5 US gallons = 18.9 litres, whereas 5 UK gallons is 22.7 litres.

I guess technically they're pretty much 19 litre, but a typical "full" keg would be about 18 litres I suppose.

7 x 18L
2 x 11L

Enough for now - not many are left empty for too long.

Wow, there are 6 of you out there with over 16 kegs :beerbang:

7 x 18L and 1 x 12L here.

Cheers.

Same here. Don't know why I need them all though as can only fit 2 kegs into the current keg fridge.

C&B
TDA

none :(

cant afford the set up at the moment....I have the fridge, 2 x taps, drip tray, gas n beer lines all ready and waiting though :D

Cheers
Steve

I have 6... only 2 full after a shindig last weekend... fermenters are empty too!!! Better get cracken and start mashen

Only 3 x 18 litre cornies for me - currently 2 on tap and a batch fermenting for No. 3 ATM

Craig

Same here. Don't know why I need them all though as can only fit 2 kegs into the current keg fridge.

C&B
TDA

Ha ha, I have the opposite problem.
I only have a little family of 5 kegs, though in a 700 litre chest freezer there is plenty of room for 'expansion'.

PW

In keg: Vienna, Schwarzbier, Bitter, Smoked Rye Porter, Robust Porter (near end)
Fermenting:
Planned: Pils, Dunkel, Mild, APA, Alt

8 at the moment which should do me for some time and 1 x 12ltr keg in the process of repairing.

I'm one of the "more than 16 people" To be honest, about 4 of them have been sitting gathering dust in the shed, about 10 to 12 is all you really need.

I'm one of the "more than 16 people" To be honest, about 4 of them have been sitting gathering dust in the shed, about 10 to 12 is all you really need.

!!! Gathering dust !!! Wish I lived in Perth :p

I fit 5 x 19lt cornies in my fridge and try have a couple cask condition on the side.

Back