How Many Brews Do You Do A Day/week?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select your consumption in number of drinks per normal week.

• ZERO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to 5 drinks

• 5 to 10 drinks

• 10 - 15 drinks

• 15 to 20 drinks

• 20 to 25 drinks

• 25 to 30 drinks

• I need a liver transplant

• Total voters
Google up what is recommended as low risk drinking levels and medium risk drinking levels.

We are all in trouble if u beleive that

I have a rule.

I will not have anything alcoholic to drink unless I go to the gym. No gym = no beer.

And then, after I go to the gym, I only feel like drinking about 1 or 2 long necks...compared to the 4 or 5 I would drink if I didn't go to the gym.

So less beer and mroe gym makes me at least a bit healthier.

That's a good rule and it works, you don't feel like drinking as much. I loosely follow the same rule with 30min runs in place of the gym but i might become more strict on that.

I'd average about 3 pints a night (but the percentage of alcohol also needs to be considered 4% in my case) still i think it's healthier than the posion they pump into our taps.

My wife's a nurse and she said i'd be put on a alcohol withdrawl scale if i was admitted to hospital :eek:

But i don't feel like an alcoholic - just a simple man with a passion :D

But to give people a guage The World Health Organisation recommends a max. of 60grams of alcohol a day. For 5% ABV that equates to 1.5 liters or just over two and a half pints.

Who counts.....

Sorry Katie, this thread is for the people who can :D .

Anyone notice that the middy (285ml) in Sydney pubs is being phased out ? A mate of mine's local (The Bayview Tav at Gladesville) simply doesnt keep the glasses anymore, I was at a pub on George St the other day and the dumb staff hadnt even HEARD of a middly glass, and my local pub sells only around four of them a day.

Jase, that's where the evil schmiddie has come from, 350ml in volume, it is a cross-bred glass....

It was introduced in alot of pubs so they could retain schooner prices while lowering serving size, effectively raising their prices in a subtle fashion...Although most publicans will say it is reduce the number of different glasses required in a bar.

I remember when i first started in pubs (2001) we had Pints (570ml), Schooners (420ml), Middies, in two different designs (285ml), Sevens (210ml) and also a few old publicans ponies (140ml), somehow we had space for all these

I agree with you - every single pub I have been to that serve Schmiddies charge a schooner price, and quite often more. There's a place in the city that sells Schmiddies of VB for between $5 & $6 !

Latest posts

Back