How Long Will It Keep In A Keg Under Gas?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

On the back bloody porch!
Reaction score
Whats the longest youve stored fresh beer in a keg with a squirt of co2 in the shed/garage?
Cheers
Steve

Never... I drink my Beer, dont store it at all.. :p

Just cant keep on top of my brewing, bit time poor, always have beer though.... Got 4 empty kegs to fill and drinking 2, one day soon ill be on top of it... :unsure:

Ive got 2 weeks off now from Coaching my sons u/8s Rugby League team so thats about a total of 6hrs free now, so thats a brew... :super:

CB

G'day Steve

The longest I have ever had beer in a keg under CO2 would be about eight weeks. Like CB I never seem to get on top of it for long as I might get family from up north staying over for a few days or friends and that makes a hole in a couple of kegs in short notice. I find kegs mature and at their best after 3-4 weeks of filtering and gassing. At eight weeks I have found hop flavour starts to drop off particularly in highly hopped beers like APA's.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Steve,

I have had an American Barleywine under gas for almost two years, but it does not fully answer your questions as it has always remained connected to it... :unsure:

John

Whats the longest youve stored fresh beer in a keg with a squirt of co2 in the shed/garage?
Cheers
Steve

Steve at this time of the year when it is cool to cold there is no problem storing in the garage or shed but in the Summer some sheds can get over 40C and too warm, I dont feel is very good for the beer .

Pumpy :)

Back