How good is Lego

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
Kids got more Lego for Xmas, and as per usual I ended up putting it together. Made me think of when I was their age 35yrs ago putting Lego together. One thing I noticed was some of the older peices are still the same, like the steering wheels, lego men, gears,cogs etc. But also the new peices that are out now. I felt like an 8 yr old again. Even got upset when the boys pulled them apart again...View attachment 67232

2013-12-25 14.25.01.jpg

Hahaha, nice mate, i loved LEGO. Sadly no Lego at my Xmas, just a drunk father :)

So your kids didn't get any Lego?
:lol:

When I was a kid I allways want the big Lego Technic car, but couldnt afford it. I still cant.

kid lets got Lego down this end this year, they even got Meccano. I love playing with the kids toys.

Lego for my kids. No affiliation but www.bttw.com.au is awesome. Delivered to my door in two or three days with good prices to boot.

Watched a show on the Lego factory....fascinating. Their production tolerences are incredible. They only reject about 18 pieces per million. They make there own moulds and die's...some cost $250,000 each.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Kids got more Lego for Xmas
So did mine (OK, the girl got Duplo)

I cant help but notice how vastly more expensive it is then when I was a toddler and not paying for it.

Let's not forget the dark side of Lego.
Waking up in the middle of the night because one of your kids is crying, so you walk into their room barefooted and stand on a Lego block......OUCHHH.

Or forever having to pick up Lego blocks from all over your house. There will come a time when your kids grow out of Lego like mine are and you will be thankful. Lego is not always the friend you think it is.

Lego is great. Kept our son amused for many many hours when he was growing up.

We still have it all, about 2 storage crates full.

Now that he has a daughter and 2 sons of his own, it will be moved to his place soon, because we will be moving shortly.

When I was growing up in the 1950s in The Netherlands we had Lego, and also Meccano. Made some great things with Meccano. Both really help to develop your spacial abilities.

Both of my youngest kids got Lego this Christmas. I spent the whole day today assembling (assisting only) fantastic toys.

It's great.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Watched a show on the Lego factory....fascinating. Their production tolerences are incredible. They only reject about 18 pieces per million. They make there own moulds and die's...some cost $250,000 each.
I think I seen that same doco about a month or so ago Stu

warra48 said:
Lego is great. Kept our son amused for many many hours when he was growing up.

We still have it all, about 2 storage crates full.

Now that he has a daughter and 2 sons of his own, it will be moved to his place soon, because we will be moving shortly.

When I was growing up in the 1950s in The Netherlands we had Lego, and also Meccano. Made some great things with Meccano. Both really help to develop your spacial abilities.
My missus kept all her old lego and brought it out for our kids. Did you know that lego from the 70s/80s goes brittle with age and snaps when you try to pry it apart? I think its an evil plot to make everyone buy new lego for each generation.

Over the years I have developed a love/hate relationship with lego. I love how amazing it is but I hate its effects on my feet when I tread on the damn stuff which my kids never fricking put away. Our house looks like a lego bomb has exploded in the middle of it and scattered foot destroying shrapnel across the whole house. I'm now at the point where I'm hoping my kids grow out of it so we can vacuum it all up and make the house safe to walk through barefoot again.

Cheers
Dave

The plastic they use goes brittle with exposure to UV light.

And...

There is no pain like stepping on Lego at 2am.
funny-kid-boy-bed-lego-floor-spank-me-good-luck-pics.png

Cool fact for the day, my Grandfather was a toy buyer for David Jones back in the day
He bought Lego to Australia :)

Back