How Far Can A Perth Pub Go To Stop You From Having A Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure am.
Why not get large prints of your fav's and pin em up on your bedroom wall. Or is that what young tennage kids do until old enough to transfer them to the body?
How do you appreciate a tattoo you get on your back or other places you can not see unless you have a mirror in front and behind you?
As the old saying goes..If I have to explain it to you,you'd never understand :rolleyes:

:super: WIN!!!!!
A 'technician' who works in a bowling alley' :unsure: Says it feckin' all :drinks:

I'd rather go to jail than drink beer in a shopping centre pub that "opened it's doors with a glam VIP party to celebrate".

Give your money to an honest pub / bar that deserves it!

"How do you appreciate a tattoo you get on your back or other places you can not see unless you have a mirror in front and behind you?"
That's an interesting question. Any of the "inked" community want to have a go?

i have quite large tatts on both my legs and a smaller one on my chest and eventually would like more work done, but any thing i get done will be in a place i can see it. my tatts are for me and no one else . i can not understand personaly why anyone would get a great looking piece where they cannot see and enjoy it themselves but thats just me. i am not against it in any way and each to there own and so forth but it doesnt make sence to me.

and to the op, if a pub refused me entry due to having ink i would tell them to shove it fair up theyre arse and go elsewere.

You actually can judge many types of book with reasonable accuracy through their covers these days.
In relation to tatts, for instance, let us consider the lower-back butterfly...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=16479...344&theater

Tramp-Stamp-47794.jpg

450890.png

redundancy-life-tramp-stamp-licence-plate-ass-demotivational-poster-1235588526.jpg

Tramp_Stamp_Biblical_Love.jpg

tramp-stamp-demotivational-poster-1254231963.jpg

"How do you appreciate a tattoo you get on your back or other places you can not see unless you have a mirror in front and behind you?"

Just puts paid to Banshee's stupid idea that there are only one or two reasons why people get tattooed.

People have been modfying their bodies with indelible ink for far longer than people have been wearing stupid shirts and for many, many reasons. Banshee doesn't get it so Banshee doesn't get tattooed - pretty simple. Why making up crap about people who do should be the next logical step is something I don't understand.

Of course suggesting we all buy posters instead is a really good suggestion.

Sometimes it is space related - if I wanted a really large piece I would have to have it on my back as the planes and curves elsewhere would make it unworkable. Also a large back piece is less likely to be subject to time and weight change distortions.

Equally just knowing that it is there, wherever 'there' is, can be enough.

Sure am.
Why not get large prints of your fav's and pin em up on your bedroom wall. Or is that what young tennage kids do until old enough to transfer them to the body?
How do you appreciate a tattoo you get on your back or other places you can not see unless you have a mirror in front and behind you?

Ahh, the wise opinion of those without ink......It's one of those things that can not be explained to anyone who doesn't automatically understand. Some people buy large colour prints and hang them on their walls, others build houses with big design features that reflect their personality, some people modify/restore cars as a way of having a creative outlet, some people get tattoos.....

As for being able to see a piece, sometimes that's not what the tattoo is about, while I love being able to look down and see my daughters handprints tattoo/scarred on my chest, the actual act of getting it done was more important to me. It locked in the permanence of her existence in my world, and come whatever in the future, those pieces will always be the hands of my little angel....

Tramp stamps choosen from a collection on a wall are another world of body mods that I actually can't stand, but I hate all flash work. Just lacks a sense of personalisation to me..

Just puts paid to Banshee's stupid idea that there are only one or two reasons why people get tattooed.

People have been modfying their bodies with indelible ink for far longer than people have been wearing stupid shirts and for many, many reasons. Banshee doesn't get it so Banshee doesn't get tattooed - pretty simple. Why making up crap about people who do should be the next logical step is something I don't understand.

Of course suggesting we all buy posters instead is a really good suggestion.

I take it with a BITE like that you are one of the tools that has a tattoo.

Ouch you took a chunk out of me

Ahh, the wise opinion of those without ink......It's one of those things that can not be explained to anyone who doesn't automatically understand. Some people buy large colour prints and hang them on their walls, others build houses with big design features that reflect their personality, some people modify/restore cars as a way of having a creative outlet, some people get tattoos.....

As for being able to see a piece, sometimes that's not what the tattoo is about, while I love being able to look down and see my daughters handprints tattoo/scarred on my chest, the actual act of getting it done was more important to me. It locked in the permanence of her existence in my world, and come whatever in the future, those pieces will always be the hands of my little angel....

Tramp stamps choosen from a collection on a wall are another world of body mods that I actually can't stand, but I hate all flash work. Just lacks a sense of personalisation to me..

I prefer to keep my memories on photo paper in my wallet/wall etc. It can be updated and changed any time I want. Not knocking what you have done just not how I'd do it.

I take it with a BITE like that you are one of the tools that has a tattoo.

There's only one tool on this thread it seems.

Body modification hatred - does your mother/sister/wife/you have peirced ears ? People with ear peircings are such tools, when you can easily get clip ons without permanently ruining your body. I will never understand why so many people do this. :rolleyes:

Sometimes it is space related - if I wanted a really large piece I would have to have it on my back as the planes and curves elsewhere would make it unworkable. Also a large back piece is less likely to be subject to time and weight change distortions.

Equally just knowing that it is there, wherever 'there' is, can be enough.
+1

+2

+3

There's only one tool on this thread it seems.

Body modification hatred - does your mother/sister/wife/you have peirced ears ? People with ear peircings are such tools, when you can easily get clip ons without permanently ruining your body. I will never understand why so many people do this. :rolleyes:
+4 As i posted earlier,if you have to have it explained to you,you'll never understand ;)

As i posted earlier,if you have to have it explained to you,you'll never understand ;)
Or perhaps one might understand but not agree?

Nah, that's stupid! My position is the only valid one!

(Obviously, this rhetoric applies equally to both sides.)

Or perhaps one might understand but not agree?

Nah, that's stupid! My position is the only valid one!

(Obviously, this rhetoric applies equally to both sides.)
What? You can understand why someone has tatts but don't agree with that personal choice?Fortunately i don't need your agreeance/approval,and if you don't personally agree with my personal choice,then that's fine,each to their own. All i ask is you don't make assumptions about me based on my choice.If you do choose to make small minded assumptions,then i think it says more about you than me.Cos those types of assumptions tend to 'bleed' over into other types of assumptions,like race,skin colour,religion,etc.And if thats the case ,I feel sorry for you . :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back