How Far Can A Perth Pub Go To Stop You From Having A Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? You can understand why someone has tatts but don't agree with that personal choice?Fortunately i don't need your agreeance/approval,and if you don't personally agree with my personal choice,then that's fine,each to their own. All i ask is you don't make assumptions about me based on my choice.If you do choose to make small minded assumptions,then i think it says more about you than me.Cos those types of assumptions tend to 'bleed' over into other types of assumptions,like race,skin colour,religion,etc.And if thats the case ,I feel sorry for you . :rolleyes:
Mmmm...irony.

So why has tattooing become respectable over the last 20 odd years? Most here explain their taking on of tattoos as a very personal thing, so much so that those of us who don't have tattoos are incapable of understanding their reasons for adorning their bodies. This is a very much like the fundamentalist trying to explain to a rational atheist that they lack some intangible and undefinable quality that would allow them to experience the rapture. To me it isn't a valid explanation.
<p>
I actually think it's more about "in" groups and "out" groups, the kind of prestige that comes from being decisive enough to take some irrevocable step, perhaps it's some sort of initiation ritual. Of course with so many people acquiring tattoos these days it's starting to lose a bit of currency. And I suppose it's a natural progression from people wanting to declare their individuality through fashion or facial hair, they externalise their unique personality for the benefit of the entire world.

So why has tattooing become respectable over the last 20 odd years? Most here explain their taking on of tattoos as a very personal thing, so much so that those of us who don't have tattoos are incapable of understanding their reasons for adorning their bodies. This is a very much like the fundamentalist trying to explain to a rational atheist that they lack some intangible and undefinable quality that would allow them to experience the rapture do to me it isn't a valid explanation.
<p>
I actually think it's more about "in" groups and "out" groups, the kind of prestige that comes from being decisive enough to take some irrevocable step, perhaps it's some sort of initiation ritual. Of course with so many people acquiring tattoos these days it's starting to lose a bit of currency. And I suppose it's a natural progression from people wanting to declare their individuality through fashion or facial hair, they externalise their unique personality for the benefit of the entire world.

but to be a part of the 'in' group you would have to have it where it could be seen surely?

but to be a part of the 'in' group you would have to have it where it could be seen surely?
Perhaps you're a bit shy or maybe you have succumbed to some peer pressure (that's the royal you). Perhaps if it's an intimate spot it gets you the approval of someone you admire.

. This is a very much like the fundamentalist trying to explain to a rational atheist that they lack some intangible and undefinable quality that would allow them to experience the rapture. .

I love analogies and that is a GREAT analogy.

I'm starting to think a few Islamic/Halal butchers have infiltrated this thread, and we all know what that means <_< :drinks:

Phew, here I was thinking I will never get those 10 minutes back reading this thread.......Girls bums on a beer forum... priceless! :chug:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=16479...344&theater

Tramp-Stamp-47794.jpg

450890.png

redundancy-life-tramp-stamp-licence-plate-ass-demotivational-poster-1235588526.jpg

Tramp_Stamp_Biblical_Love.jpg

tramp-stamp-demotivational-poster-1254231963.jpg

Brilliant stuff don't deface your body tatoo the dog at least its hair will grow back and cover it over.

He He way off topic from somebody who hardly ever goes to the pub at night when the lunatics are let out of the asylum.
The Blue Sky is much more civilised during the daytime though the music is too loud and the TVs are all set on dynamic mode everybody has a bright orange suntan

:icon_offtopic: OT a bit
Ink, no Ink - all personal choice. What I think is interesting is the amount of people who later on (10,15 yrs) later question their choice to ink up. My young fella is 17 and the rage is ink. I'm using the wiggles arguement at the moment. I ask him when you where 4 yrs old what did you love more than anything - the reply is the wiggles. I say imagine now you're 17 and your down the beach, chickie babes everywhere and peel off your shirt and you've got the wiggles in all their glory on your body (captian feathersword may have some cred - at least he is packing something). The point I'm trying to make to him is that what you like at 4 is different to 17 and different to 35 etc etc. Its a big permanent choice .....
Will he ink up - who bloody knows .....

2c

In the early 1970`s at a pub in covent garden London we were refused a pint because we we not going to the nearby royal opera house, it was a pub not the opera house bar. As we were going to see monty python live we thought it was part of the show, unfortunately it wasn't

omg, that is so sad and so funny at the same time.

FIRST GUY: Isn't (looking down and reading) Kelly a top girl?
SECOND GUY: Yes (looking down and reading) Kelly is a pearler, we should do this again.

I recommend that people who want tattoos get something that *means* something to you. Don't get a band name, or some silly girls name (or boys), or a pretty butterfly just because its 'pretty'.

The artwork you have on your body should be meaningful. I'm 35- almost 36, and I've had tattoo's since I was late teens. The only thing that I dislike about them is the aging of the ink. It distorts, and makes the tattoo's look not so flash as they did when they were first done.

However, they're all meaningful to me, and I've gotten more over the years, each one carefully thought through. I'm not a tattoo'd lady by any extent, but I do have plans for more.

I don't think that name calling, and discrimination for or against tattoos is necessary here- show a little decorum. So ease up fellas yeah?

I don't follow fashions, so I don't have any tattoos.

Back