How Far Can A Perth Pub Go To Stop You From Having A Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a similar question in mind.

Mine had more swearing in it but.

Seriously, gone_fisting, what on Earth are you talking about?
+1 Allah Akbah :D

Wow, I hope to hell you don't end up in the ward where my wife works as a Registered Nurse.....She is at a point of starting to run out of places to put ink (although her sleeves are still bare).

I absolutely love people who make judgements based entirely on appearance. I say look at how the person is walking, their facial expressions, this is a better indicator of if you are likely to end up with trouble in your bar or not (I've been in the front line of hospitality for nigh on 10 years now, I can pick trouble makers from a mile off, regardless of how they look).

Misconceptions about those with ink run rampant. No, we are not all bikies, no don't all walk around looking to start fights on a Friday night. Trust me, heavily modded people are usually the ones sitting off to the side in a pub relaxing with mates, we've spent too much money on our skin to risk some tosspot cock sticking a broken beer bottle into us. Yes, everyone gets ink for different reasons, some people get it to look cool, some get the same tat their mates have, others get pieces that symbolise something significant in their life, some of us just love the sensation of the needle (I fit into the last two categories)....
+1 The only difference between people with tattoos and people without,is people with ink DON'T CARE if you don't have them ;)

This discussion, and many of the well-reasoned responses, is destroying the notion that beer drinkers are yobs :lol:

Banshee? I got my tatt to celebrate my first Masters degree, it was a particularly significant, and appropriate, and I have no regrets.

"The only difference between people with tattoos and people without is people with ink DON'T CARE if you don't have them ;) " ^^^^^5s FTW!

I always find that if your girlfriend/partner is blonde with nice tits, you can get in anyware. :D

I wear my work boots with jeans and a t-shirt when out with the missus, and never have trouble getting in, they just open the door and let you in past the single guys.. :)

I'm still waiting to find out what Halal meat has to do with pubs and tattoos.

Is this the womens day forum? Half you guys with tatts are a bunch of
Girls go cry on the womens day site or man up. Who cares if some wanky
Shopping centre pub won't let you in. That's been happening to men for
all different reason for years.
Have a beer, suck it up & grow a set.

Wow- you're just a ray of frickin' sunshine aren't you Jackson?

Pubs can discriminate all they want because they own the premises, and they're the ones whose liquor licences get pulled, they're the ones who get nice big fines, and they're the ones who get tight as restrictions on their serving limits when dickheads go glassing, fighting and all that kind of macho bullshit.

If I owned a club/pub (and I plan to one day) I wouldn't necessarily be banning people with full arm ink (I can say that- I'm an inked chick *grin*) but I'd certainly have standards that were EQUAL- not just for fellas- but for chicks too. To protect my licences, and my patrons.

I'd let almost all you lot in of course- one free beer per new customer you bring in ;)

Is this the womens day forum? Half you guys with tatts are a bunch of
Girls go cry on the womens day site or man up. Who cares if some wanky
Shopping centre pub won't let you in. That's been happening to men for
all different reason for years.
Have a beer, suck it up & grow a set.

321902708_0d240586ed_m.jpg

Wow- you're just a ray of frickin' sunshine aren't you Jackson?

Pubs can discriminate all they want because they own the premises, and they're the ones whose liquor licences get pulled, they're the ones who get nice big fines, and they're the ones who get tight as restrictions on their serving limits when dickheads go glassing, fighting and all that kind of macho bullshit.

If I owned a club/pub (and I plan to one day) I wouldn't necessarily be banning people with full arm ink (I can say that- I'm an inked chick *grin*) but I'd certainly have standards that were EQUAL- not just for fellas- but for chicks too. To protect my licences, and my patrons.

I'd let almost all you lot in of course- one free beer per new customer you bring in ;)
Let us know when you open your pub,I'll be there with bells on :super:

There is goign to be alot of regretful 40 and 50 year olds in 20 or 30 years, as the current bunch of overtly tatooed young people begin to see sense

tatoos hav all the street cred of a pink poloshirt

A great deal of the people that look like me are rude, uneducated dickheads.

Wealthy men are not usually tattooed on their forearms (sorry, but it's true).

Hot women walk in, see bar is full of tattooed men and leave.

If you only go to "Cheers" style, old drunk fart bars, then none of this applies. They exist on the retirment funds of losers.

generalising a bit aren't we ?

sounds like you got your ink for the wrong reason lecter.

retired losers having a beer in 'Cheers' style bars ?
i'm sure the retired blokes that visit here will have a different opinion, we'll revisit this post when nick is 65 and see where he's at, squatting under a bridge on the banks of the fitzroy or enjoying a beer with some mates in a bar.

cheers

There is goign to be alot of regretful 40 and 50 year olds in 20 or 30 years, as the current bunch of overtly tatooed young people begin to see sense

tatoos hav all the street cred of a pink poloshirt
I don't need 'street cred' .Thats for tossers.I'm confident enough in my sexuality and personality to wear anything i want and not worry about wankers and what they think :kooi:

Pubs restrict certain types of people because the majority of their patrons are not that type of person (are not looking for that type of person to sleep with or befriend).
This is how it works (for the "meatmarket" pubs especially):
Hot women attract many nervous, booze-guzzling men. Let all the hot women in you can. The majority of single, hot women want a wealthy partner.
Wealthy men are not usually tattooed on their forearms (sorry, but it's true).
Hot women walk in, see bar is full of tattooed men and leave.
Booze-guzzling men don't go there.
Bar goes broke.
BTW - it's these "meatmarket" pubs that have all the violence. It's vented sexual tension from guys who didn't score.
If you only go to "Cheers" style, old drunk fart bars, then none of this applies. They exist on the retirment funds of losers.
I love it when a complex world is explained in a paragraph.

nic = gone_fisting == love it!!!

Are you for real?
I waited countless years before getting my first one, will take another two to finish that sleeve off. I work hard so I can afford to get them in the first place. Pubs have discriminatred against me yes, nothing a few common manners or courtesies can't address though.

Sure am.
Why not get large prints of your fav's and pin em up on your bedroom wall. Or is that what young tennage kids do until old enough to transfer them to the body?
How do you appreciate a tattoo you get on your back or other places you can not see unless you have a mirror in front and behind you?

Irish pub with a dress code?? Never seen it in Ireland.

Clearly you've never been to Dublin :p . been told by bouncers there that I can't get into a pub because he didn't like my socks !!! Some bouncers (not all, most are pretty tops) just seem to go on power trips because it's the only thing that keeps them happy in their sad little existence.

I don't have a problem with a dress code as a whole, but stupid things like not allowing people with tatts, piercings etc. is just plain stupid. I suppose it's the whole "don't judge a book by it's cover" concept that these people lack.

Aaron

I suppose it's the whole "don't judge a book by it's cover" concept that these people lack.
I reckon that platitude lost all relevance once books all stopped being leather-bound. You actually can judge many types of book with reasonable accuracy through their covers these days.

No reason why socio-economic indicators might not do the same in certain circumstances.

In relation to tatts, for instance, let us consider the lower-back butterfly...

I reckon that platitude lost all relevance once books all stopped being leather-bound. You actually can judge many types of book with reasonable accuracy through their covers these days.

No reason why socio-economic indicators might not do the same in certain circumstances.

In relation to tatts, for instance, let us consider the lower-back butterfly...

:super: WIN!!!!!

Latest posts

Back