How Do You Kill Fruit Flies?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, a vacuum cleaner would be more effective and the neighbours won't call the cops when you use it. :p

Newguy, I have a dustbuster hand held vacuum cleaner. Perfect.

Your post confirms that:

Following the realingment of political and social arrangements in North America at the turn of the eighteenth century, it was necessary to allocate brains between the new USA and Canada and Canada got most of them. :p

Except for my really good mate from Houston Texas :lol:

Newguy, I have a dustbuster hand held vacuum cleaner. Perfect.

Your post confirms that:

Following the realingment of political and social arrangements in North America at the turn of the eighteenth century, it was necessary to allocate brains between the new USA and Canada and Canada got most of them. :p

Except for my really good mate from Houston Texas :lol:

;) Sure, poke fun at the yanks.....you don't have to live next to them. :lol:

I hear you MrRude. Nearly all my fruit and some of the veg has been stung. Very disapointing to cut a beautiful ripe tomato open only to find the critters have beaten you to it. I am going to try Batz suggestion, I am really close to plowing the whole thing and make it a cricket pitch instead!

G'day.
I use Lebaycid on the tomatoes from when they turn light green.
Kills the adult fruit fly & the maggots.
There is a withholding period after you spray before picking - 7 days for tomatoes from memory.

Good luck,
PW

pirate_cannon_.jpg

Move to South Australia or try this Linky on how they do it down here

I read the government Pdf you linked to and bloody hell they use yeast/protein baits. I bet you anything you like I've attracted them into the house by flushing all that yeast trub from fermenters and bottles down the drains :eek: Now they are living there. I'm pretty sure they are breeding under the 'floor holes' in the shower and laundry so I'm tipping bleach down there daily.
The wine didn't help but after the first bottle I didn't notice the bugs so much B)

Latest posts

Back