How Do You Condition Ur Beers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrumpy

Reaction score
hey folks,

Im just curious to see how other brewers go about conditioning there beers before drinking them...

do you bottle straight from primary fermenter or crash chill, bottle then cellar, or do you let cold conditioning go ahead in a corny keg while the beer carbs over a week or two??

I know alot of different methods will be practiced for different beers, Im more interisted in how peoples quick turn over or house brews are prepared for drinking ie: pale ales, bitters, milds, weizens........

I mostly brew APA/IPAs , occasional lager.

For ales it's 10-14 days in primary then bottle, but if I'm feeling lazy to bottle I'll crash chill @ 2C until such time.

For lagers up to 20 days primary, then crash chill as long as possible.. depends on the fridge requirements.

I use to gelatine for clarity but I just don't care anymore, tastes the same anyway and no one to impress here!

Rack to secondary 3/4 through ferment, reach FG and let sit for 3-7 days, crash chill/cold condition for 3-7 days and fine and polyclar partway trhough.

Bottle and leave for whatever time necessary.

Latest posts

Back