How Do I Chance The Region In My Dvd Drive?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peas_and_corn

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I cannot mash that
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a DVD reader/writer in my laptop computer, and I have a problem- it is set to regions. I recently put a Region 2 DVD in, and had to change the region setting to 2 from 1, however I was informed that I can only change the region 4 times, and there is no 0 option. SOOO... how can I change it so that I can either have infinite region swaps or just set it to region 0?

Cheers,
Dave

Hey all,

I have a DVD reader/writer in my laptop computer, and I have a problem- it is set to regions. I recently put a Region 2 DVD in, and had to change the region setting to 2 from 1, however I was informed that I can only change the region 4 times, and there is no 0 option. SOOO... how can I change it so that I can either have infinite region swaps or just set it to region 0?

Cheers,
Dave

I remember years back I had some DVD software that let me play any disc regardless of what region it was. It didnt actually change the region of the hardware, just bypassed the region junk (I think thats what it did anyway). I cant remember what it was called though, so really Im not much help!

On another forum I'm a member of a person recommended some software- though I want to be certain that software I install doesn't do anything I don't want to my system, especially install otehr garbage like toolbars.

Well it's been a while since I've ever had to worry about all the dvd and region crap. I'll try to help without ranting about how all these protections only screw over legitimate users etc... :)

Actually let's skip all the technical crap... download VLC player. It will play just about anything, I'm pretty sure it will ignore any region encoding etc. Runs on windows, linux, mac.

If that doesn't work then we can get into all the geeky stuff. :)

pretty sure anyDVD will solve your problems and make DVDs with content protection copy-able.

check this site http://www.mrbass.org/ - probably something on there to help you ;)

i've got a good one that I got as a torrent that I think is called "dvd region + css free".

works great, can unlock region-locked drives, runs in the background and just starts up when you need it automatically.

I'll double-check what its called tonight.

Jez

i've got a good one that I got as a torrent that I think is called "dvd region + css free".

works great, can unlock region-locked drives, runs in the background and just starts up when you need it automatically.

Yeah, AnyDVD and DVD Region+CSS Free will need to be "paid" for... ;)
There is DVD43 which is a free option if you want to be legit. After all, the easiest way to solve this problem is just to torrent the movie... :/

Back