How Crap Is Crown!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humulus

Reaction score
Went down the coast to the olds with SWAMBO and the young fella,my party kegs were M/T so all Dad had was crown,jesus was it shit!
Its been a few years since ive had a "crownie"it definately hasent improved its got bloody worse!
At home now having a S/N Torpedo chalk and bloody cheese! :icon_chickcheers:

Last time I had a Crown Lager I couldn't get through it. I actually had a VB a few weeks back and managed to get 2/3 through it before I really despised it. The Crownie though is probably the worst tasting beer I've had in a long time. Just my own personal opinion.....

Went down the coast to the olds with SWAMBO and the young fella,my party kegs were M/T so all Dad had was crown,jesus was it shit!
Its been a few years since ive had a "crownie"it definately hasent improved its got bloody worse!
At home now having a S/N Torpedo chalk and bloody cheese! :icon_chickcheers:

Crown lager is up there with VB for most undrinkable beer. I have been to functions where they are free and nothing else is on so I have declined to drink. Thats how bad I think they taste. :icon_vomit:

I used to drink pure blonde, Carlton draught etc,blissfully unaware, some times i wish i could turn the clock back prehomebrew, life was simpler at the bottle shop!!

Isn't Crown just Fosters re-badged to take money off idiots who would never dream of drinking Fosters?

not sure how bad it is, as i knocked back half a slab offered by a contractor at xmas and let a workmate have it.

I had a relative telling me over christmas that
Quote:

"Crown lager comes from the same fermenter as VB but it is the beer that comes from the top of the fermenter because the beer at the top is better because its further away from the yeast and thats why its called crown"

This came from the same guy that posed the question "why is coopers more expensive than the real beers when its only homebrew?"

I just shut my mouth and didnt comment because that was easier. Although I was tempted to say that I thought it was called crown because it had a better head and would hold a crown better.

Cheers

I had a relative telling me over christmas that
Quote:

"Crown lager comes from the same fermenter as VB but it is the beer that comes from the top of the fermenter because the beer at the top is better because its further away from the yeast and thats why its called crown"

This came from the same guy that posed the question "why is coopers more expensive than the real beers when its only homebrew?"

I just shut my mouth and didnt comment because that was easier. Although I was tempted to say that I thought it was called crown because it had a better head and would hold a crown better.

Cheers

I've heard the same story. Hilarious :lol:

Naaa boys its gotta be good, it's been aged!

I gerenally feel sorry for ppl who think crown is the best/finest Australian beer.

Had one at Christmas. Has a weird unpleasant Nuttiness that all the cub beers seem to have. They sell the stuff by the truckload so it must be what people want.

Crown "Lager" is a perfectably respectable brew, albeit over packaged and over priced.
It has,for its style, no faults whatsoever.
Sure its not Sierra Nevada Torpedo, but, guess what, its not meant to be.
If you really think Crown Lager is crap then perhaps you should explian why, expressions like bland or tasteless show at best lack of knowledge of beer tasting, you really need to point out the things that make it crap, for example if its close to water whats wrong with water.

K

I'm not a beer tasting expert but I know what I like to drink and Crown is a long way from it. Water is great, nothing wrong with it. I would happily drink a water over Crown Lager any day. And as mentioned in my post above, this is just my personal opinion.

I'm not a beer tasting expert but I know what I like to drink and Crown is a long way from it. Water is great, nothing wrong with it. I would happily drink a water over Crown Lager any day. And as mentioned in my post above, this is just my personal opinion.

I like water too. But if I was out and crown was all that was on offer I would drink crownies all night, same deal with fourex or a few others. Couldnt do it with VB or fuckin SOL what the **** is that shit

Crown "Lager" is a perfectably respectable brew, albeit over packaged and over priced.
If you really think Crown Lager is crap then perhaps you should explian why, expressions like bland or tasteless show at best lack of knowledge of beer tasting, you really need to point out the things that make it crap, for example if its close to water whats wrong with water.

K

Isn't Crown just Fosters re-badged to take money off idiots who would never dream of drinking Fosters?

I have heard that Foster Export, as in what you would get in UK, US etc.. is Crown...

From a very reliable drunk guy in a pub I had just met, so is probably true. :ph34r:

K

Seriously? It's a ******* terrible lager. The whole "Aussie Lager" style is terrible. Nationally embarassing actually.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16023/1540/?ba=Cs1987

Find an even half-decent review in this lot (international). It has a BA score of 55 ... anything below 70 is "don't buy". The score it gets from the people who run the site is 31.

Last time I drank them, the blue label fosters and crown lager were obviously different beers, and for me I preferred the fosters to the crown. Kind of like saying I prefer stepping in dog shit to snorting rat shit. One is obviously preferable to the other, but not much of a comparison.

Last time I drank them, the blue label fosters and crown lager were obviously different beers, and for me I preferred the fosters to the crown. Kind of like saying I prefer stepping in dog shit to snorting rat shit. One is obviously preferable to the other, but not much of a comparison.

Whats wrong with snorting rat shit? :ph34r:

:lol:

Back