Hot Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insight

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted before:

The latest cool thing in Japan -- Hot Beer?

Japan is a country that likes to embrace new things, and whatever new and bizarre trend comes along, J-List will be there to report it to you. The latest cool thing in Japan might just be hot, as Kirin introduces its new "Hot Beer" that's consumed in a steaming cup like coffee. Based on the company's Ichiban Shibori Stout dark beer, the drink is served with a stick of cinnamon and sugar cubes on the side. The heat of the beer is supposed to bring out flavors not present when served cold, including a deep aroma not unlike that of coffee. The beer is being test-marketed at the Kirin factory in Yokohama, but the company suggests that curious beer aficionados can try it by microwaving beer to about 120 degrees Farenheit (50 degrees Celsius) and stirring it rapidly to give the beer a Cuppochino-like foamy head on top. It's supposedly good poured over vanilla ice cream, too.

http://www.peterpayne.net/2008/01/latest-c...n-hot-beer.html

Apologies if this has been posted before:

The latest cool thing in Japan -- Hot Beer?

Japan is a country that likes to embrace new things, and whatever new and bizarre trend comes along, J-List will be there to report it to you. The latest cool thing in Japan might just be hot, as Kirin introduces its new "Hot Beer" that's consumed in a steaming cup like coffee. Based on the company's Ichiban Shibori Stout dark beer, the drink is served with a stick of cinnamon and sugar cubes on the side. The heat of the beer is supposed to bring out flavors not present when served cold, including a deep aroma not unlike that of coffee. The beer is being test-marketed at the Kirin factory in Yokohama, but the company suggests that curious beer aficionados can try it by microwaving beer to about 120 degrees Farenheit (50 degrees Celsius) and stirring it rapidly to give the beer a Cuppochino-like foamy head on top. It's supposedly good poured over vanilla ice cream, too.

http://www.peterpayne.net/2008/01/latest-c...n-hot-beer.html

The concept has been around a very long time. You will find an article on it in the latest Beer and Brewer magazine. Willy Simpson also wrote an article on it recently.

Can't wait to get home and have a steaming hot mug of VB. :lol:

... Followed by a warm fish milkshake to get the taste out of my mouth.... :)

/me shudders at the thought of milk and beer

/me throws up the the thought of vb

:icon_vomit:

on another note, after reading the article about mulled beer in beer and brewer i decided to try it out on a spiced ale i have that is almost impossible to drink (way too much star anise), slightly warmed up i'm actually able to drink this now and my dad loves it (he's been making mulled wine in winter for years). It's deffinatly something different and i would love to try a commercial version of it.

-Phill

I reckon my Pumpkin Pie Ale would be excellent hot! Never thought of it til now but I will give it a go :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back