Hose storage ideas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkril

Reaction score
After yet another session of "untangle all the hoses to get the one I want" turned a 10 minute job into a 30 minute one, I've decided I need a better way to store the various hoses I use in brewing. Currently I use a box, hence the tangle (I'm not sure which are worse for tangling, beer lines of electrical cables).

Does anybody have any bright ideas, methods or equipment they care to share with the rest of us? Maybe even some pictures. The hoses concerned range from 8 to 25mm in diameter, so different methods for the different sizes may be required.

I don't store small diameter gas/beer line but my larger Brewing hoses get coiled into circles and hung on hooks

I just hang them on hooks... Anything pre-made up with fittings that is. If it's got no fittings it goes into the box, but I'm not precious about it then, it's fair game to be re-purposed.

In case this is of interest to anybody, I'm halfway there. Still working on a solution for thew larger diameter hoses, but I found a reasonable solution for the skinnier hoses (keg lines, etc.).

I bought a few of these test lead racks. Best price I could find (including shipping) was from Digi-Key. Here's the link.

2708.jpg

And attached them to the wall. Here's the various hoses I use for transferring between kegs.
View media item 10918Unfortunately I haven't been able to stop the hoses curling like that. Still, it's a dramatic improvement on the previous mess. Looking at that picture, I probably should have cleaned the cobwebs away before I took the photo :oops:.

And the gas hoses.
View media item 10919

Latest posts

Back