Hornsby (sydney) Area Home Brew Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mauriceatron

Reaction score
Well, I've finally decided to look at joining a home brew club. The trouble is, I do want a local club rather than travel across half of Sydney to get to a meeting.

Is there a home brew club for the Hornsby/Asquith/Berowra/Wahroonga area? Anyone know? I know the Hills Brewers Guild but the traffic to get there after work for a meeting would be terrible from this area.

If there isn't a club for the area, I so want to join a home brew club that I'll start one. Any ideas on an existing club anyone?

Cheers

Technically there isn't a club for the area.
My mates and I formed a group of sorts, HARDASS, see my signature, which pretty much just involved us getting together a couple of times a year and drinking various homebrews....mostly mine. And the occasional brew day.
But it's been a while since anything's happened, and i've moved up to Newcastle, which doesn't help.

You might want to check with the ISB boys...they have the odd meeting here and there.
There was NSW Case swap on just this weekend, which is a good way to meet fellow brewers and try a large number of beers.

One of our (HBG) members comes from Turramurra which is about the same distance as Hornsby.
Tomorrow night is at Baulkham Hills, but next month is at Nth Rocks (even closer). Not too much traffic on penant hills rd around 7pm.
Meetings start at 7.30pm.
PM me if you are keen and Ill give yo the details.

Gregor

I be that member and I don't have any problems with getting there at those times, the traffic isn't usually all that bad on a Tuesday night.
Get along and have some fun.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I'd prefer more north than south when looking for a home brew club but I'll consider whats out there first before starting one.

Cheers
Simon

Latest posts

Back