Sydney home brew store

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopsta

Reaction score
Can anyone please recommend a decent home brew store in Sydney? I'm talking something of the caliber of Qlds Craft-brewer but in Sydney.
I live on the north shore but willing to travel.

I'm on lower north shore and as far as I can tell, everything in the area is a one-man-show operation. Nice guys, but small stores with limited range and prices that are not super-competitive.

I make a point of visiting Dave's Homebrew (located at North Sydney oval) on a (semi) regular basis to make sure he stays in business. I started shopping there within a few weeks of him opening up. It's convenient to have a source of the essential supplies only a 10-15 minute drive away.

Hey Hopsta,

Not sure if this helps probably way too far but i am surrounded by two great homebrew shops at Kirrawee and Peakhurst,(Sydney south).

I usually visit Kirrawee homebrewshop as its on my way home from work,they have good knowledge of brewing and have all

the gear you usually need.Google Kirrawee homebrew and give you an idea of stock.

hairydog said:
Not sure if this helps probably way too far but i am surrounded by two great homebrew shops at Kirrawee and Peakhurst,(Sydney south).
That's The Brew Shop chain. There's another one at Campbelltown and another at Alexandria (but that one's called "Sydney Home Brew" for some reason). Peakhurst is the main store and has the biggest range. They're online, so you can check out their range quite easily (and order stuff). You can also order stuff and collect from any shop in their chain.

kaiserben said:
That's The Brew Shop chain. There's another one at Campbelltown and another at Alexandria (but that one's called "Sydney Home Brew" for some reason). Peakhurst is the main store and has the biggest range. They're online, so you can check out their range quite easily (and order stuff). You can also order stuff and collect from any shop in their chain.
There my local i usually frequent te kirrawee store also but i have found they have moved a lot of stuff to the peakhurst store.

Thanks for the suggestions. "The brew shop" website looks like it has a good range at competitive prices. I'll give them a go.
My local is fine for some smaller common items but it's too expensive and limited in range to be my go to every time unfortunately.

I but all my stuff online from ESB and get it delivered. It's only like $7 for next day.

I like Dave at daves homebrew but his prices are a little higher than ESB.

ESB is just the brew shop is it not?

Kirrawee has a lot of grain but bugger all yeast, 95% of the time peakhurst will have what you need in stock. They would definitely be the biggest stockist of white labs in sydney but seems to be flying off the shelves these days. To be honest i get most of my stuff online, generally over night shipping from melbourne. Just get yeast and bits and pieces from the peakhurst brew shop.

ESB is a couple of streets away from The Brew Shop.
ESB is the online store and FWK production factory, The Brew Shop is the walk in shopfront premises.

In metro Sydney they'd be about the equivalent of Craftbrewer for prices and range.

Thanks Bribie, good info.

Huez where abouts in Melb you get your goods shipped from, must be good value if it beats local prices shipping and all?

Hopsta said:
Thanks Bribie, good info.

Huez where abouts in Melb you get your goods shipped from, must be good value if it beats local prices shipping and all?
Sorry mate didn't see this. Cleverbrewing. Great service and prices.

Back