hop seeds on ebay?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why would you bother when the plants are sooooo cheap and sooooo readily available through this forum? support your AHBers and buy plants here

From memory there is at least one other thread on here about hop seeds, it sounds as though they're not the easiest to germinate and even if they pop there's no guarantee that they'll be female (unless you're after cross breeding but that's another story altogether).

I looked at another seller on ebay that allegedly had Amarillo hop seeds for sale, considering how tightly they have been protecting this copyrighted variety I highly doubt that they are legit. And hypothetically even if they are they may not display the same characteristics that make their parent so desirable.

It is so very easy to grow hops with rhizomes, that is why I and a lot of others don't bother with seeds.

Judanero said:
It is so very easy to grow hops with rhizomes, that is why I and a lot of others don't bother with seeds.
But extremely limited with what rhizomes are available.

Spiesy said:
But extremely limited with what rhizomes are available.
Yeah limited, but I think there's about seventeen different varieties available in Oz so there is a few to choose from.

It they are properly identified, and not a restricted variety, then yes.

Back