Hop Rhizomes For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know i know before anyone tells me i should have started a new topic but i think this will be of intrest to anyone purchasing rhizomes how do you store dug up rhizomes over winter oviously in the fridge but in plastic or in soil do you wash them first do you cut them back ?

cheers & sorry for the hijack :ph34r:

They are all washed and free from soil for quarantine purposes. Leave them as when you purchased them for winter. Crack the snaplock or vacuum bag open and leave them in the fridge for several months if necessary. Keep an eye on them though so they dont get too dry or wet in the fridge. They are hardy, I have frozen some solid and they still yielded flowers the following season.

Dont cut them at all. Simply plant horizontally in August/Sept in well drained, preferably elevated, liquid- fertilised soil and voila, hop flowers of your very own!

Grow on brothers.

Gil

Nice chunky rhizomes arrived last night, thanks Gilbrew.

cheers

grant

still have one columbus zome left if anyones interested $30 posted anywhere in australia

Got mine yesterday and there were two when I only asked for one, thanks heaps Gilbrew.

:icon_chickcheers:

All rhizomes accounted for, will get them out in the post ASAP.

For those who have asked for 1 can you send me your addresses. Not being able to send more than 1 PM every 5 mins is making life difficult......

Oh, and when you send the address, sending your real names would be good to! :p

yes doesnt the PM thing make life real hard ... spoke to johnno the admins did it to help stop spams...

Gee s&*# looks like im too late, any one got any left?

yes doesnt the PM thing make life real hard ... spoke to johnno the admins did it to help stop spams...
I dont send many PMs in a row but just when the need arises....

It stops some spam but not those who join up, send a query for a product whilst having said product linked in their signature....... :p

But then its designed to stop spam bots......

Gee s&*# looks like im too late, any one got any left?
im pretty sure all my columbus are now accounted for (waitin on a couple of confirmations), keep ya eyes peeled over the next few days while i dig out the rest of the plants i have, if any fall though ill let ya know also..

Mine arrived yesterday with a bonus pack of POR flowers!

Thanks Gilbrew!

Cheers

ooooh i like bonuses

hopefully mine will be here tomorrow , hopefully the postie doesnt put in over the fence like he did the last thing i got delivered for the new puppy to chew on .. that would be tragic !

thanks gilbrew my zomes got here safe and sound today .... cant wait till spring now to get them dirty and sproutin !!

Back