• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hop Rhizomes For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the podcast - I realised I was looking at another page linking to the Basic Brewing webpage.

Here's a Link to the mp3 file.

Benniee
Downloaded the mp3. Will have a listen on the weekend. Even though the hops are already in the ground.

Rupert,

I have emailed you with regard to your hop rhizomes on ebay, let me know if you didnt get it.

Cheers,

Mudsta :beerbang: a.k.a

Justin Murdock
Company Director
Yorke Brewing

it really needed more coir for protection, but it sent the weight well over the 500g, so used
a novel means of light weight protection smile.gif Just hope it works and protects the
young shoots, let me know!

lol the dried hops worked well! bloody big rhizome that one, it arrived all in one piece :)

Im astounded at how well the columbus is going, it grew about 2-3 inches yesterday and its only just starting out! :blink:

One happy camper,
Keifer

I've had no growth of my hops and they have been in pots for about 4 weeks. not looking good.

I've had no growth of my hops and they have been in pots for about 4 weeks. not looking good.

I put my Taswegian (Stewart Ferguson) Pride of Collingwood in the ground a couple of weeks ago and I have a couple of shoots already. The largest is about six inches tall and sprouting its fourth ring of leaves (as I began typing this message)...

They're in the best position I could afford them - south facing next to an eastern wall, but they have lots of spent grain and hop yuck dug into the soil and a nice new mulch of bark.

Mine have been in pots nearly as long Fents and one of six has just poked through the ground today. They take time to develop the root system before they sprout. Hang in there, they are tough little bastards and will soldier through for you, unless they were dried out sticks when you planted them.

is it too late to grab any hop rhizomes anywhere?

I missed out when the time came round and would like some goldings or chinook...

:(

jump on ebay and search for hop rhizomes, hop plants, hops rhizomes, or hops plants

is it too late to grab any hop rhizomes anywhere?

I missed out when the time came round and would like some goldings or chinook...

:(

Mine have been in pots nearly as long Fents and one of six has just poked through the ground today. They take time to develop the root system before they sprout. Hang in there, they are tough little bastards and will soldier through for you, unless they were dried out sticks when you planted them.

They were pretty dry when i planted them, obv waterd them as soon as they got planted. You know how they have roots at one end and say we will call the buds on the other end? Two of mine had buds and one didnt more just like a dry stem....I know the roots obvilsouly go into the soil like any other plant...but do the "buds" have to be planted underground too? cause i left them JUST sticking out the top like any normal plant...

They were pretty dry when i planted them, obv waterd them as soon as they got planted. You know how they have roots at one end and say we will call the buds on the other end? Two of mine had buds and one didnt more just like a dry stem....I know the roots obvilsouly go into the soil like any other plant...but do the "buds" have to be planted underground too? cause i left them JUST sticking out the top like any normal plant...

On advice from a friend, I completely planted them in the soil, burying the buds as well. If you can't figure out which end should be down, plant them sideways. There is good info online on how to plant and care for them.

nah i can work it out, i've grown its cousin before so im not completly silly. Obv roots go down. But i didnt know if the buds/shoots/vine things should be sticking out. When i get home tonight i'll dump some fresh soil over the buds and hopefully they come good.

I've been through several threads on this forum, including several that started a couple of years ago, and I get the impression that most of you seem to acquire your rhizomes from other members rather than from a commercial homebrew shop. Anyway, I am the founder of http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grow-Hops which currently has 595 members and it primarily focuses on growing hops. Because it is international in scope, I've been trying to compile a list of sources of rhizomes, whether it be in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or wherever. We even have members from Japan, Korea, Italy, and somewhere in South America. Now, the only commercial sources that I've been able to locate in Australia are "Grain and Grape" and "Grumpy's Brewhaus". If any of you know of any other sources, please let me know. Also, I'd like to know whether it would be appropriate to list this forum; I don't know if you are trading just between club members, or what. If any of you are interested, the Group is here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grow-Hops

Thanks.

Bill Velek

Jul 8 2007, 10:04 PM first post

So you are 6 months early as they are in flower now but go to sleep during winter and that's when the roots are dug out and on offfer.

Hope it helps.

- Luke

billvelek said:
Now, the only commercial sources that I've been able to locate in Australia are "Grain and Grape" and "Grumpy's Brewhaus".
Source #3 is the originator of this thread, read post #1, Cannabaceae sells on ebay. (tho there's no rhizomes for sale at the moment)

I'm itching for some hop rhizomes too. I know you can get them from a couple of the online stores (grain and grape, or grumys I think) - or direct from a fellow down in tassie (seach this forum and you'll find his details).

Lukes is right, we are 6 months early to get them. But I missed out last year because they were sold out by pre-orders by some time in June. Keep your eyes peeled.

Hopefully someone will put up a thread once orders are being taken.

Cheers,

Wrenny

Source #3 is the originator of this thread, read post #1, Cannabaceae sells on ebay. (tho there's no rhizomes for sale at the moment)
Thanks. I've just added "Cannabaceae" as a source for Australia here: http://tinyurl.com/2bhn6q -- via eBay, along with "HopsWest".

Since the time of my post in this thread last December 11th -- two months ago today -- Grow-Hops has added 340 new members, so we now have 935 members. A couple of new developments there that might interest you are:
1. Discussion of a cheap and easy titration test that you can do at home to determine the AA% of your homegrown hops;
2. My vernalization experiment in which I have dug up one crown and have refrigerated it in order to vernalize it.

I hope everyone's hops are doing well 'down under', and warmly welcome any one who would like to join us. If interested, please visit us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grow-Hops

Cheers.

Bill Velek

Hi,

I will buy a 1 x Pack 2.

please send me your pay details.
[email protected]

regards,

brews

Some hop rhizomes for sale:

Pack 1: Perle (large) $20, Tettnanger (large) $20, Goldings (very small) free.

Pack 2 : Goldings (extra large) $20, Perle (medium) $15.

Pack 3 : Columbus (medium) $15, Tardiff de Bourgogne (extra large) $20.

Pack 4 : Cluster (extra large) $15, Goldings (large) $20.

I took photos of last pack: Cluster and Goldings and Cluster, Goldings in bags

$5 post & packing ...you will receive in 2-5 business days.

Reply here FIRST as to which pack you want ....then pm me your delivery address.

Will put some more here if these sell.

Rupert.

cant believe the prices some of these rhizomes are going for on ebay at the moment ...

Back