• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hop Rhizomes. $10 Plus Freight

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CLUSTER
1. mrpolly
2. bitterman
3. beerDingo
4. Maeldric
5. Hutch
6. Bennybrewster
7. Thirsty
8. Murcluf
9. Chris F (aka Franzibrau)
10. jpr

VICTORIA
1. mrpolly
2.Rootingkings
3. raven19
4. The Drunk Arab
5. beerDingo
6. Tim
7. MattC
8.dj1984
9.AndyTork

CHINOOK
1. Larkins
2. OzMick
3. bitterman
4. Maeldric
5. Tim
6. bL@De
7. PocketBeers
8. Stuster
9. Boilerboy
10. Blublurag

GOLDINGS
1. Larkins
2. mrpolly
3. OzMick
4.Rootingkings
5. raven19
6.MB83
7. Geoffi
8. The Drunk Arab
9. beerDingo
Reserve - PocketBeers
Reserve #2 - Brando

PRIDE OF RINGWOOD
1.Rootingkings
2.MB83
3. Geoffi
4. Maeldric
5. Fourstar
6. Hutch
7. Tim
8.Clean Brewer
9. bL@De
10. PocketBeers
11. Thirsty
12. Stuster
13. Chris F (aka Franzibrau)
14. AndyTork
15. jpr
16.dj1984

Any chance of pick up??

CLUSTER
1. mrpolly
2. bitterman
3. beerDingo
4. Maeldric
5. Hutch
6. Bennybrewster
7. Thirsty
8. Murcluf
9. Chris F (aka Franzibrau)
10. jpr

VICTORIA
1. mrpolly
2.Rootingkings
3. raven19
4. The Drunk Arab
5. beerDingo
6. Tim
7. MattC
8.dj1984
9.AndyTork

CHINOOK
1. Larkins
2. OzMick
3. bitterman
4. Maeldric
5. Tim
6. bL@De
7. PocketBeers
8. Stuster
9. Boilerboy
10. Blublurag

GOLDINGS
1. Larkins
2. mrpolly
3. OzMick
4.Rootingkings
5. raven19
6.MB83
7. Geoffi
8. The Drunk Arab
9. beerDingo
Reserve - PocketBeers
Reserve #2 - Brando

PRIDE OF RINGWOOD
1.Rootingkings
2.MB83
3. Geoffi
4. Maeldric
5. Fourstar
6. Hutch
7. Tim
8.Clean Brewer
9. bL@De
10. PocketBeers
11. Thirsty
12. Stuster
13. Chris F (aka Franzibrau)
14. AndyTork
15. jpr
16.dj1984
17. Brando

Any chance of pick up??

PB
I am waiting on a reply from mrpolly, if he does not get back to me by this afternoon he is off the list and I will bump you up.
Boston

mrpolly has responded and come through with the goods. All Goldings are now spoken for.

I have payments from AndyTork, Franzibrau, Geoffi, Hutch, OzMick, Stuster, Tim, and someone who banks with Vic Teachers Union.
I will contact my bank today regarding the wrong BSB number.
I will check the bank after lunch today and update.
Payments also from BennyBrewster, NSW Teachers CU and Fischer. Not sure who the last 2 payments are from.
My bank said that all transactions with the wrong BSB will be returned automatically to sender, might take a couple of days though.

OMG, your bank account WILL NOT ACCEPT CASH!!! WTF???????????????

So, since I don't have internet banking set-up (I had it on 1 account, but can't remember all details), I guess i am pulling out of this buy. Unless you are able to supply me with bank details that will actually accept legal currency. And I thought cash was the highest form of money!

Sorry Boston, I did not mean to stuff you around!

Again, WTF? A bank account that you can not put cash into??????????????????????????

OMG, your bank account WILL NOT ACCEPT CASH!!! WTF???????????????

So, since I don't have internet banking set-up (I had it on 1 account, but can't remember all details), I guess i am pulling out of this buy. Unless you are able to supply me with bank details that will actually accept legal currency. And I thought cash was the highest form of money!

Sorry Boston, I did not mean to stuff you around!

Again, WTF? A bank account that you can not put cash into??????????????????????????

Again, sorry, as I wanted these hops!

Couldn't the bloody bank take my cash, and put it into a holding account, and then do an electronic transfer to your actual account?

I'm just so surprised that a bank would not take my money!

From what I've seen, I think the first 3 digits of the BSB identify the bank chain, and the second 3 the branch. So it should be hitting the right banking chain, and not every branch is going to have 4 million accounts, so there is some degree of redundancy in account numbers. Not to mention the fact that when submitting the transaction you supply an account description, which they wouldn't just ask for for fun. You know how much banks love cutting costs, and storing that in a database for millions of transactions per day costs a lot of money which they'd happily skip if it wasn't used occasionally. I'm sure typos are very, very frequent, and for the same reason, the banks would hate to be reversing loads and taking phone calls to do so when a few quick computer checks to see that the account name is at least a rough match. If the banks don't already do that, I'm claiming ownership of the theory right here and now and will develop and sell it to them myself. I'm reasonably confident that laziness on my behalf and greed on the bank's behalf will see it through, but only one way to find out.

I don't mind waiting a couple of days before telling the bank to reverse it if it never makes it to Boston's account, not like either of us is going to miss $28 for a couple of days, and I don't feel like spending an hour or two trying to get through to a bank customer service rep if there is a (probably quite good) chance it will automagically work. And at least I'll know for the future if a single bad digit is a showstopper.

I work in software development (retail and previosuly banking)

From what I remember

The first two digits are the bank code

The 3rd digit the state
2 - ACT, NSW
3 - VIC
4 - QLD
5 - SA, NT
6 - WA
7 - TAS
the last 3 are the branch number

Pretty sure this is correct for all "big" banks, credit unions etc may break the rules

Happy to transfer money through as soon as I know whether I'm in for just the 2 or if due to this latest development, in for 3.

PB (waiting in the wings)

Happy to transfer money through as soon as I know whether I'm in for just the 2 or if due to this latest development, in for 3.

PB (waiting in the wings)

You're going to need every gram of hop you can grow these days PB B) .

Payments also from BennyBrewster, NSW Teachers CU and Fischer. Not sure who the last 2 payments are from.
My bank said that all transactions with the wrong BSB will be returned automatically to sender, might take a couple of days though.

Fischer is me, Clean Brewer, should be on the transaction as a reference... ;)

:icon_cheers: CB

Hey Boston,

I have just contacted my bank, and I have just e-mailed them details for the money transfer. They will do it for me, but they say it can take up to 24 hours. I've chucked in a couple of extra $ for the hassle, (not much, but a token).

Thanks heaps!
Dingo

Just picked up mine from Jamberoo PO. Arrived safe and sound. Look great and very healthy. These fellas are in the ground tomorrow! Many thanks Jeff!

Mine rocked up today, very excited, trying out my first AG this weekend and get to plant my hop rhizomes.

Thanks a lot Jeff!

Now back to reading how I can get these rhizomes off and running :)

Received mine today as well. Perfect timing as I'm going down to my hop plantation (or rather my mum's property) this weekend to farm out the kid over the school holidays. Now I get to plant the hops as well. B)

Fingers crossed mine will turn up tomorrow ready for planting on the weekend.

Fingers crossed mine will turn up tomorrow ready for planting on the weekend.

They were posted in 2 batches 24 hrs apart. Any yours was in the second batch brando, so you should get it tomorrow.
Make sure you are home in time in case the posty thinks it is too big for your post box and you need to pick it up from the PO.

They were posted in 2 batches 24 hrs apart. Any yours was in the second batch brando, so you should get it tomorrow.
Make sure you are home in time in case the posty thinks it is too big for your post box and you need to pick it up from the PO.

That won't be a problem because I gave you my work post address.

Guys the bank is not the best at sending the references through.
Do these transactions look familiar to you?

1/10/2009 Direct Credit NETBANK - hop rhizomes

1/10/2009 Direct Credit NSW TEACHERS CU

30/09/2009 Direct Credit NSW TEACHERS CU

30/09/2009 Direct Credit REGIONALONE CU

If you think it is your payment send me a PM with the amount you put with it so I can tick your names off.

Back