• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hop Rhizomes. $10 Plus Freight

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CLUSTER
1. mrpolly
2. bitterman
3. beerDingo
4. Maeldric
5. Hutch
6. Bennybrewster
7. Thirsty
8.Mustardinc
9. Chris F (aka Franzibrau)

VICTORIA
1. mrpolly
2.Rootingkings
3. raven19
4. The Drunk Arab
5. beerDingo
6. Tim
7. MattC
8.Mustardinc

CHINOOK
1. Larkins
2. OzMick
3. bitterman
4. Maeldric
5. Tim
6. bL@De
7. PocketBeers
8. Stuster
9. Boilerboy
10.Mustardinc

GOLDINGS
1. Larkins
2. mrpolly
3. OzMick
4.Rootingkings
5. raven19
6.MB83
7. Geoffi
8. The Drunk Arab
9. beerDingo
Reserve - PocketBeers

PRIDE OF RINGWOOD
1.Rootingkings
2.MB83
3. Geoffi
4. Maeldric
5. Fourstar
6. Hutch
7. Tim
8.Clean Brewer
9. bL@De
10. PocketBeers
11. Thirsty
12. Stuster
13. Chris F (aka Franzibrau)

CLUSTER
1. mrpolly
2. bitterman
3. beerDingo
4. Maeldric
5. Hutch
6. Bennybrewster
7. Thirsty
8.Mustardinc

VICTORIA
1. mrpolly
2.Rootingkings
3. raven19
4. The Drunk Arab
5. beerDingo
6. Tim
7. MattC
8.Mustardinc
9.AndyTork

CHINOOK
1. Larkins
2. OzMick
3. bitterman
4. Maeldric
5. Tim
6. bL@De
7. PocketBeers
8. Stuster
9. Boilerboy
10.Mustardinc

GOLDINGS
1. Larkins
2. mrpolly
3. OzMick
4.Rootingkings
5. raven19
6.MB83
7. Geoffi
8. The Drunk Arab
9. beerDingo
Reserve - PocketBeers

PRIDE OF RINGWOOD
1.Rootingkings
2.MB83
3. Geoffi
4. Maeldric
5. Fourstar
6. Hutch
7. Tim
8.Clean Brewer
9. bL@De
10. PocketBeers
11. Thirsty
12. Stuster
14. AndyTork

CLUSTER
1. mrpolly
2. bitterman
3. beerDingo
4. Maeldric
5. Hutch
6. Bennybrewster
7. Thirsty
8.Mustardinc

VICTORIA
1. mrpolly
2.Rootingkings
3. raven19
4. The Drunk Arab
5. beerDingo
6. Tim
7. MattC
8.Mustardinc
9.AndyTork

CHINOOK
1. Larkins
2. OzMick
3. bitterman
4. Maeldric
5. Tim
6. bL@De
7. PocketBeers
8. Stuster
9. Boilerboy
10.Mustardinc

GOLDINGS
1. Larkins
2. mrpolly
3. OzMick
4.Rootingkings
5. raven19
6.MB83
7. Geoffi
8. The Drunk Arab
9. beerDingo
Reserve - PocketBeers
Reserve #2 - Brando

PRIDE OF RINGWOOD
1.Rootingkings
2.MB83
3. Geoffi
4. Maeldric
5. Fourstar
6. Hutch
7. Tim
8.Clean Brewer
9. bL@De
10. PocketBeers
11. Thirsty
12. Stuster
14. AndyTork

Guys I stuffed up my BSB number.
The correct number is: 805023

Sorry for the inconvenience to the guys that already made a payment.

Edit: Mustardinc is out.

CLUSTER
1. mrpolly
2. bitterman
3. beerDingo
4. Maeldric
5. Hutch
6. Bennybrewster
7. Thirsty

VICTORIA
1. mrpolly
2.Rootingkings
3. raven19
4. The Drunk Arab
5. beerDingo
6. Tim
7. MattC
9.AndyTork

CHINOOK
1. Larkins
2. OzMick
3. bitterman
4. Maeldric
5. Tim
6. bL@De
7. PocketBeers
8. Stuster
9. Boilerboy

GOLDINGS
1. Larkins
2. mrpolly
3. OzMick
4.Rootingkings
5. raven19
6.MB83
7. Geoffi
8. The Drunk Arab
9. beerDingo
Reserve - PocketBeers
Reserve #2 - Brando

PRIDE OF RINGWOOD
1.Rootingkings
2.MB83
3. Geoffi
4. Maeldric
5. Fourstar
6. Hutch
7. Tim
8.Clean Brewer
9. bL@De
10. PocketBeers
11. Thirsty
12. Stuster
14. AndyTork

Bugger. Might let it go overnight and see if it hits your account in any case, lets see how robust and error tolerant the banking system is...

<Quote ozMick>
Bugger. Might let it go overnight and see if it hits your account in any case, lets see how robust and error tolerant the banking system is...
</Quote>

Good luck with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's very robust and error tolerant: they will tolerate your incorrect payments, and keep them!

CLUSTER
1. mrpolly
2. bitterman
3. beerDingo
4. Maeldric
5. Hutch
6. Bennybrewster
7. Thirsty
8.Mustardinc
9. Murcluf

VICTORIA
1. mrpolly
2.Rootingkings
3. raven19
4. The Drunk Arab
5. beerDingo
6. Tim
7. MattC
8.Mustardinc

CHINOOK
1. Larkins
2. OzMick
3. bitterman
4. Maeldric
5. Tim
6. bL@De
7. PocketBeers
8. Stuster
9. Boilerboy
10.Mustardinc

GOLDINGS
1. Larkins
2. mrpolly
3. OzMick
4.Rootingkings
5. raven19
6.MB83
7. Geoffi
8. The Drunk Arab
9. beerDingo
Reserve - PocketBeers

PRIDE OF RINGWOOD
1.Rootingkings
2.MB83
3. Geoffi
4. Maeldric
5. Fourstar
6. Hutch
7. Tim
8.Clean Brewer
9. bL@De
10. PocketBeers
11. Thirsty
12. Stuster

CLUSTER
1. mrpolly
2. bitterman
3. beerDingo
4. Maeldric
5. Hutch
6. Bennybrewster
7. Thirsty
8. Murcluf

VICTORIA
1. mrpolly
2.Rootingkings
3. raven19
4. The Drunk Arab
5. beerDingo
6. Tim
7. MattC
9.AndyTork

CHINOOK
1. Larkins
2. OzMick
3. bitterman
4. Maeldric
5. Tim
6. bL@De
7. PocketBeers
8. Stuster
9. Boilerboy

GOLDINGS
1. Larkins
2. mrpolly
3. OzMick
4.Rootingkings
5. raven19
6.MB83
7. Geoffi
8. The Drunk Arab
9. beerDingo
Reserve - PocketBeers
Reserve #2 - Brando

PRIDE OF RINGWOOD
1.Rootingkings
2.MB83
3. Geoffi
4. Maeldric
5. Fourstar
6. Hutch
7. Tim
8.Clean Brewer
9. bL@De
10. PocketBeers
11. Thirsty
12. Stuster
14. AndyTork

Edit: You didn't get the last one version Wayne.

<Quote ozMick>
</Quote>

Good luck with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's very robust and error tolerant: they will tolerate your incorrect payments, and keep them!

From what I've seen, I think the first 3 digits of the BSB identify the bank chain, and the second 3 the branch. So it should be hitting the right banking chain, and not every branch is going to have 4 million accounts, so there is some degree of redundancy in account numbers. Not to mention the fact that when submitting the transaction you supply an account description, which they wouldn't just ask for for fun. You know how much banks love cutting costs, and storing that in a database for millions of transactions per day costs a lot of money which they'd happily skip if it wasn't used occasionally. I'm sure typos are very, very frequent, and for the same reason, the banks would hate to be reversing loads and taking phone calls to do so when a few quick computer checks to see that the account name is at least a rough match. If the banks don't already do that, I'm claiming ownership of the theory right here and now and will develop and sell it to them myself. I'm reasonably confident that laziness on my behalf and greed on the bank's behalf will see it through, but only one way to find out.

I don't mind waiting a couple of days before telling the bank to reverse it if it never makes it to Boston's account, not like either of us is going to miss $28 for a couple of days, and I don't feel like spending an hour or two trying to get through to a bank customer service rep if there is a (probably quite good) chance it will automagically work. And at least I'll know for the future if a single bad digit is a showstopper.

From what I've seen, I think the first 3 digits of the BSB identify the bank chain, and the second 3 the branch. So it should be hitting the right banking chain, and not every branch is going to have 4 million accounts, so there is some degree of redundancy in account numbers. Not to mention the fact that when submitting the transaction you supply an account description, which they wouldn't just ask for for fun. You know how much banks love cutting costs, and storing that in a database for millions of transactions per day costs a lot of money which they'd happily skip if it wasn't used occasionally. I'm sure typos are very, very frequent, and for the same reason, the banks would hate to be reversing loads and taking phone calls to do so when a few quick computer checks to see that the account name is at least a rough match. If the banks don't already do that, I'm claiming ownership of the theory right here and now and will develop and sell it to them myself. I'm reasonably confident that laziness on my behalf and greed on the bank's behalf will see it through, but only one way to find out.

I don't mind waiting a couple of days before telling the bank to reverse it if it never makes it to Boston's account, not like either of us is going to miss $28 for a couple of days, and I don't feel like spending an hour or two trying to get through to a bank customer service rep if there is a (probably quite good) chance it will automagically work. And at least I'll know for the future if a single bad digit is a showstopper.
:icon_offtopic:
I'm a software developer, and I just don't trust Internet Banking! :ph34r: I know, ALL my friends/colleagues laugh at me!

I pay ALL my bills at the post office! Never had a problem, (except people are starting to charge $1:50-$2 for this privilege! grrrr). One of my housemates, once payed a house bill with his account, but had the Bpay details for previous house, that was not even valid, and it took ages for him to get it back! Also, I can show the bill with a receipt, stuck to it, to prove that I have paid it.

The banks will put heaps of effort into making sure that they don't loose money, but not so much effort into checking that YOU don't lose money. Admittedly, if the books don't balance, they most probably get to the bottom of it.

Has anyone seen this new ANZ Falcon add? They show all of this security that they put in place to help secure the customer. However, it showed him having to jump through all these hoops (iris scan, hand shake, break glass....), and then it doesn't even work, so he circumvents ALL these security hoops, and knocks on the window, and his mates let him in! So much for all this money spent on security. And real world shows that cards CAN and ARE stolen! It's a multi-million dollar business.

Also, do you really think it cost's the bank $2 for me to use another banks ATM????

GOOD LUCK GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!!! I hope you get it back without any hassle.

Those Falcon ads make me not want to go near ANZ either. Had the same thoughts every time I see it, all these security measures, and just like real life, social engineering ensures that the high security room is completely insecure. <_<

I do software development myself and have full confidence in the crypto methods used, the weak link is when you have a machine crawling with trojans watching over your shoulder. So to that end I run Linux at home, so I'm confident that my security isn't compromised in any way.

Will see if Boston gets my money or not tomorrow I suppose...

I do software development myself and have full confidence in the crypto methods used, the weak link is when you have a machine crawling with trojans watching over your shoulder. So to that end I run Linux at home, so I'm confident that my security isn't compromised in any way.

I also, use linux if I HAVE TO use internet baking/payPal... But I also use a boot CD. Paranoid, I know (yes, it's the mallware/trojans that are the weakest link). I also like taking 15 minutes off work to walk down to the post office.

I was once told: a bunch of software engineers wrote software for a plane. They were hounded to submit their code, due to time constraints, even though they head engineer said it wasn't ready, and very buggy. They submitted it as it was, and implemented into plane hardware, they asked all software guys if they would actually get on the plane. Not one of them would fly in it! I find most projects are like this, so prefer to do my banking old school.

It will be a good test to see what happens when you pay the wrong numbers for an AHB buy... Keep us updated.

Boston,

What do you want the guys on the "reserve list" to do re - our payment?

Should we wait till you give the nod that the Buy is over and locked in?

Cheers,

PB

Well, decided it is getting late enough into the growing season as is and I'd like to try to have mine planted this weekend, so over a beer called the bank. Almost sounds like account numbers are completely unique (so no two accounts in Australia share the same account number, even if from different banks), then the BSB is effectively a pin-code, as the account number should tell the system what BSB to expect. So if either number is out at all, the transfer should fall over and fail to reach anyone's account. She then said it would take a few days for it to reverse and not much they can do until it is finalised, so like it or not I'll have something to report on it, but I've redone the transfer in any case.

Boston,

Cheers,

PB
Rhizomes are already divided and bagged. So reserve list will only be if someone pulls out. I will check through who has confirmed to me by PM, I will process the confirmed orders and leave the couple on reserve list until last to see if I can squeeze another in.

CLUSTER
1. mrpolly
2. bitterman
3. beerDingo
4. Maeldric
5. Hutch
6. Bennybrewster
7. Thirsty
8. Murcluf

VICTORIA
1. mrpolly
2.Rootingkings
3. raven19
4. The Drunk Arab
5. beerDingo
6. Tim
7. MattC
9.AndyTork

CHINOOK
1. Larkins
2. OzMick
3. bitterman
4. Maeldric
5. Tim
6. bL@De
7. PocketBeers
8. Stuster
9. Boilerboy
10. Blublurag

GOLDINGS
1. Larkins
2. mrpolly
3. OzMick
4.Rootingkings
5. raven19
6.MB83
7. Geoffi
8. The Drunk Arab
9. beerDingo
Reserve - PocketBeers
Reserve #2 - Brando

PRIDE OF RINGWOOD
1.Rootingkings
2.MB83
3. Geoffi
4. Maeldric
5. Fourstar
6. Hutch
7. Tim
8.Clean Brewer
9. bL@De
10. PocketBeers
11. Thirsty
12. Stuster
14. AndyTork

Boston,

Cheers,

PB

Rhizomes are already divided and bagged. So reserve list will only be if someone pulls out. I will check through who has confirmed to me by PM, I will process the confirmed orders and leave the couple on reserve list until last to see if I can squeeze another in.
PB
I am waiting on a reply from mrpolly, if he does not get back to me by this afternoon he is off the list and I will bump you up.
Boston

I have payments from AndyTork, Franzibrau, Geoffi, Hutch, OzMick, Stuster, Tim, and someone who banks with Vic Teachers Union.
I will contact my bank today regarding the wrong BSB number.
I will check the bank after lunch today and update.

CLUSTER
1. mrpolly
2. bitterman
3. beerDingo
4. Maeldric
5. Hutch
6. Bennybrewster
7. Thirsty
8. Murcluf
10. jpr

VICTORIA