Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate keen of a bag 500g POR, Hersbrucker, and cascade au
What's the amount for postage to nsw

Check the postage rates on the site mate, not sure I have all of those in stock so you might need to have a good look about the site.

Hey Yob, (or anyone)

There still seems to be plenty of interest in POR. What are styles are people using them with? Surely not just Megaswill clones.

I've only just moved (moving) to 500g, think I have a 450 still, when new season hops are in it'll be straight to 500g but I'll take some convincing to stock up on 2013 crop at this point mate. (actually pretty sure I can make a kilo available, pretty certain I've got a kilo stashed away, will pm you to sort it out )

New season Amarillo smells pretty good but I've not used it yet in a brew

Trevandjo said:
Hey Yob, (or anyone)

There still seems to be plenty of interest in POR. What are styles are people using them with? Surely not just Megaswill clones.
POR is a great hop providing it is fresh....Its storageability is pretty poor though and does not keep that well.
I made a mistake years ago of buying a big lot of POR only to make a beer that was one of the worst things that I had ever tasted.....cheezy may be a good description.

I now never buy more than 100gr at a time for that reason.

They are the hop in a Coopers Pale and Sparkling Ales and are good for a base bittering hop in many styles although I have recently favoured horizon for a smooth base bitterer.

dicko said:
POR is a great hop providing it is fresh....Its storageability is pretty poor though and does not keep that well.
I wish I knew this earlier :blink:
ah well, we live and learn.

shaunous said:
I wish I knew this earlier :blink:
ah well, we live and learn.
Keep it vacuum sealed and in the freezer and it will be OK for a while at least.
If you haven't got a vacuum sealer then you will be running a risk after a few months :unsure:

Because I'm living overseas I stacked up on POR last time I was home. Looks like I'll be designing a Mac and cheese pale ale.

Thanks for the reply Yob.

Hey Yob, not letting me add 450g Galaxy to my order, says insufficient stock / You reached the maximum available quantity for this product. You claimed to have recieved a shipment the other week, any idea when I can buy some? Keen to try your site out :)

Hey mate, just wondering what delivery to Perth would be like as I don't want them to spoil during delivery!

Edit: found it on your website, seems to only be next day if you live in the CBD pretty much :unsure:

AshleyB said:
Hey Yob, not letting me add 450g Galaxy to my order, says insufficient stock / You reached the maximum available quantity for this product. You claimed to have recieved a shipment the other week, any idea when I can buy some? Keen to try your site out :)
Galaxy wasn't a huge component of that and most of what I ordered was spoken for, truth be told I'm holding off on stocking up on Australian hops until the 2014 crop is available

With that said, I think I have a small amount of galaxy available, shoot me a pm and I'll sort something out for you ;)

Wilkensone said:
Hey mate, just wondering what delivery to Perth would be like as I don't want them to spoil during delivery!

Edit: found it on your website, seems to only be next day if you live in the CBD pretty much :unsure:
It won't spoil in transit mate, delivery times are as fast as I can get it to you as per Australia post delivery network, you can check their website, or shoot me a pm with your postcode and I can check for you. Many folks have recieved hops in WA without issue, vac sealed and wrapped as well, keep in mind too that it's air mail not overland so if it can be done faster I've not heard of it

;)

Latest posts

Back