Homebrew Good For Wife's Liver

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The point i am making is not that the animal is being wasted but majority of consumers do not venture past the rediculously overpriced chicken breasts, eye fillets (pork or beef) and lamb backstrap along with incubating themselves from the lifecycle of where their meat is coming from. Everyone who consumes meat should eat every cut they can from an animal. Not just to keep precious 'classy meat' costs down but to give back that respect for the animal/s they choose to consume.

Very similar arguement here that pops up often enough, generally along the lines of "why do so many people continue to drink megaswill where there a plenty of tastier/better craft options yada yada". (excluding the part on incubating yourself from how it get to your plate)

Most people either stick with what they know and/or don't know any better or don't care. Chances are half the people claiming porterhouse/eye fillet/whatever is all they will eat, probably destroy it when they cook it cos they have not idea.

Remember if you know what you're doing when cooking different dishes, it's a matter of 'horses for courses' (poor phasing i know :p ). Cheaper cuts can be just as flavoursome, it's all in how you cook em.

Cheers SJ

The point i am making is not that the animal is being wasted but majority of consumers do not venture past the rediculously overpriced chicken breasts, eye fillets (pork or beef) and lamb backstrap along with incubating themselves from the lifecycle of where their meat is coming from.

I don't see the connection. I could eat tripe every day but I don't think it would give me a better understanding of my food - or a better sense of the value (non-monetary) of the animal.

Yeah, chicken breasts are about the blandest food a person could eat, and yes, they are overly popular - I just don't see how it fits in with your argument? Not that you need to convince me, of course. Enjoy that kebab! I didn't know kebabs were made of food - I thought they just magiked themselves onto city roadsides at 3am like a drunk's mirage.

Jesus guys what has this got to do with homebrew not destrying someone's liver?

Totally off topic.

About as much as homebrew actually fixing her liver, I'd say.

Enjoy that kebab! I didn't know kebabs were made of food

Soylent green anyone?!

About as much as homebrew actually fixing her liver, I'd say.

Yeah, ateast our side topic was something sensible! :unsure:

Either way to wrap up, i think its just the inner foodie in me wanting to ensure i (and everyone else) make the most of an animal (on a personal consumption basis) with a nose to tail ethos rather than ensuring my part of the harvest always ending up in the same region of the animal (not that anythings wasted commercially anyway). In addition to this, all the great foodstuffs you can make at home with 'the bad parts' that crap all over their supermarket equivilants e.g. making REAL stocks for a delicious soup base!

A little further off topic, the nose to tail approach for me are cotecchino stuffed pigs trotters/zampone (nothing better than pork meat and rind sausage stuffed in pigs feet) and crispy pigs ears atop a fresh pea and ham soup!! :icon_drool2: As you can guess i luurrrvvve my proucts of the swine kind! :wub:

Latest posts

Back