Homebrand "saaz" Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ready for the spew Boingk :lol:
Have experienced it before, my fermenters are thus secure in their containers usually filled with cooling water.

Hold 22deg atm in air.

Yeasts used were the kit yeasts (2) plus a Coopers sachet, 17gms all up.

I noticed last night we have a Coles locally so I'll have to go and check them out.

Just checked it again and it appears the highrate stuff is subsiding with the froth now 1.75" but bubble rate the same. Aromas out of the airlock smell really interesting, hopefully some aroma will remain.

Bit concerned about dry hopping though. If I drop in some balls filled with pellets they will sink to the bottom and get covered by settling yeast possibly rendering them useless and a waste.
My thought is to drill small holes in the end of the airlock and suspend the balls from there into the upper level of the brew. But I'm soooo lazy, all I gotta do is drill a small hole in the A/L and haven't got around to it yet. :lol:

Hmmm...you might be onto something with the holed-lock idea. I just threw some pellets into the top of the brew once it was made up. They get chucked around by the rising bubbles and so on from fermentation, and most just floated anyways. Never seen a real life hop ball :(

Geez I'm good at editing! EDIT: I think mine held 17 to 19'C, just left my window open at night and it did the trick. Warmed it up to 21'C for the last few days so it gets a good burn-out. FG is 1.010.

Hmmm...you might be onto something with the holed-lock idea. I just threw some pellets into the top of the brew once it was made up. They get chucked around by the rising bubbles and so on from fermentation, and most just floated anyways. Never seen a real life hop ball :(
I bought mine (3 off) from Ross (Craftbrewer) here

Best with about 10gms hop pellets per ball. They minimise any floaties making it into the stubbies. :)

I was using them for hopping my worts during boiling, but then got a hopbag.

Latest posts

Back