Home Made Keg Washer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wallablack ; the rinsing I am talking ubout is when I have just finnished a tallie I immediately give it a quick rinse to remove the small amount of sediment in the bottom of the bottle then store it upside down in a crate. Then I would be happy to machine wash with sanitiser.

More pic's of the keg washer

Keg_Washer_28_June_09_006.jpg

Keg_Washer_28_June_09_007.jpg

that's some serious work. you must have quite a few kegs to clean.

I do the same as pumpy, napisan and garden hose. But I've only a few kegs.

Your rather good at metalwork. Is that a hobby or the main job ?

BOG

Bog ; every thing about home brewing to me is a hobby, the stainless trough I can't take credit for but the rest of it is my work. I'm from the motor trades so over the years you pick skills up here and there, now I grow macadamias for a living. cheers.

More pic's of the keg washer

offs,some people have too much time on thier hands and far too much bling for the rest of us,
enough to make a bloke cry,....mod's please sort this fella out :icon_cheers: ..cheers....spog...

Mate, if that works half as well as it looks it'll be a ripper :icon_chickcheers:

Personally i just add some PBW to hot water & connect up my Peristaltic pump - The solution gets sucked up the beer out post & sprayed back in through the gas post, so gives the whole keg a good clean for zero effort. Finished off with an acid wash (saniclean) using the same process.

cheers Ross

Thanks for every ones kind comments and interest, I had a lot of fun building this baby and I will post some more pics of the unit in operation some time soon. I often look at the pics of other peoples gear and think wow I'd love to own that but I can't afford it, this unit was built over 6 months buying all the stainless bits one or two at a time and welding and polishing the peices bit by bit, thats the only way I could afford it. please don'r ask the cost as I honestly don't know the exact amount. Cheers

Latest posts

Back