Home Brew Shops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just seems to me that most HB shop owners are drunks who couldn't be arsed to keep their stores stocked with what people actually ask for.

You should really get out more!
Cheers
Gerard

I have to agree about the Burleigh man, that was the first HB shop I ever went to. He told me the perfect brew temp was 26c and that it dosnt matter what sort of yeast you use. I have not been back since I found this site. The Nerang shop has lots of out of date cans on the shelf.

The guys at Southport are nice and Parkwood's crazy brewer has some good stuff but look on the web site and decide what you want before you go in so there is less chance of being trapped and having to listen to his ramblings.

We should rename this thread;

'A general critique of Gold Coast Homebrew Shops.'

Kev

I've never been to a HBS on the gold coast, but seems to me you've got a bloody good one a short drive away. Look up the top of the screen. hint, hint ;)

i think i have visited most of the shops on the coast recently in search of teh 'best'. and being a brew newbie im really looking for a helpful store, full range of product and good prices, not to mention random chat about shit, that always makes a good store imo

the few i havnt been to are palm beach and mermaid, hoping to this week sometime, i hoping if any of teh owners of any of these stores are on here they take something from my ranting, good or bad.

southport, old guy is great, helpful, has a fridge full of hops and malts, and cheapish for a retail outlet. he sells some cool looking AG stuff to as well as cheap kegs etc. he could be on the sauce, lol

burleigh - dont get me started, didnt respond when i asked a question, when i asked again raised his head like he was god and i could then proceed to talk, to which i was flabbergasted at prices (the store had no price tickets ON ANYTHING) he did have a shop dog thought, that's cool, but still i wont be back

the CRAZY old guy in parkwood, that's an experience people should travel here for, i cant even remember what was in their, all shiny and expensive and i couldn't really understand a word he said, interesting none the less

nerang and oxenford, apparently recently sold to new owners (how recent im not sure), i find them helpful and full of info, but a tad pricey for some stuff and hops etc all seem to be on the shelf. also when i mentioned full ag was told oh no, mini mash at the most, ag is super hard and not worth it
my 2c

Agree re. Parkwood,but he`s also got the cheapest dry malt I know @ $5 kg. Can anyone do any better? Speak up if you can please?

stagga.

Latest posts

Back