High Temperature Hose Selection - Be Careful!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silicon or pvc?

Silicon-Breast-C.jpg

OR

20080528080903_2_95C5.jpg

This will get rid of this thread for sure

Chappo :icon_cheers:

Edit: Bonus cameltoe!!!! :icon_drool2:

you did it chappo, 11 pages, I think the silicone might be best but I am biassed..............................I love boobies

Paul

you did it chappo, 11 pages, I think the silicone might be best but I am biassed..............................I love boobies

Paul

Holy moly.....all I can say is onya PP for the larfs and Chappo I want to know where the got the latex chick from?

Nope, nope, nope and nope...wow people really do read what they want around here don't they...

I never said it wasn't the hose.

I never doubted the smell coming from the hose.

I never said it had to be sanitised.

BUT Foles had to have done SOMETHING to the hose PRIOR to use! It is extremely unlikely that the PVC hose leached enough plasticiser and monomer in the 5-10 minutes it took to drain the kettle...10 years in the lab playing with this stuff tells me this!

Where I was driving is that I can kill any PVC hose and make it leach plasticiser and monomer in under an hour at room temperature with basic stuff in any brewery (and silicon a bit longer)...what I was trying to ascertain in an unbiased manner was whether Foles had actually done this...unfortunately he never answered all of my questions. If Foles has done it with the PVC, and the instant he used it he could taste the result (remember he replaced the PVC hose with new hose) then he will in all likelihood kill the silicon (but it will take a little longer) unless he has or will change something else! What that is is the real issue!

THIS IS ABOUT PROCESS!

BUT I now understand the nature of the all knowing master brewers who inhabit this forum who know so much that there posts should never be questioned! So laughable!

...and here I thought this forum was about improving technique, equipment, processes etc and being able to discuss these...so silly of me!
NO its about a hose thats not suitable for what it was used for.Well you are the self confessed "know it all expert "on this type of thing, "ten years playing with the stuff",What qualifications do you have? You have challenged every thing people have put forward. If you are the expert why havent you offered your expertise to test the said hose? Put up or shut up.I like others would like to see the proof of your expertise.I am quite prepared to stand corrected.I like to learn from my ignorance.
GB

All is not wasted guys, I learnt that I have to do more brewing to understand the chemistry of something I played with for 10 years. Apparently science is different in a brewery...now that conclusion could have taken 20 pages if I wasn't so perceptive! LMAO

Just wish I was still working there, then I could have got the boss to pay!

NO its about a hose thats not suitable for what it was used for.Well you are the self confessed "know it all expert "on this type of thing, "ten years playing with the stuff",What qualifications do you have? You have challenged every thing people have put forward. If you are the expert why havent you offered your expertise to test the said hose? Put up or shut up.I like others would like to see the proof of your expertise.I am quite prepared to stand corrected.I like to learn from my ignorance.
GB

Love the defeatist "put up or shut up" lines...

So now I have to prove my qualifications. LOL Next you'll want proof that they are my qualifications. You are funny!

THIS IS ABOUT PROCESS!

BUT I now understand the nature of the all knowing master brewers who inhabit this forum who know so much that there posts should never be questioned! So laughable!

...and here I thought this forum was about improving technique, equipment, processes etc and being able to discuss these...so silly of me!

It is, unfortunately for you, your arguments are piss weak and go against common sense. Let's see if Foles problem comes back with the new hose. I bet you a tenner it does not.

cheers

Browndog

It is, unfortunately for you, your arguments are piss weak and go against common sense. Let's see if Foles problem comes back with the new hose. I bet you a tenner it does not.

cheers

Browndog

Well the fresh APA in my hand seems to indicate that the problem is behind me :icon_chickcheers:

This is going nowhere and getting ridiculous.

Topic closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back