Hi :)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skapinad

Reaction score
Gidday all, i am a beeraholic.

I have followed a good friend of mine to this forum, Bomber Watson :)

I have only been brewing for a few months or so... Started on bottles, now have a keg system.

I would like in the near future to get to proper brewing, as opposed to the standard can or bag thingos i currently use.

This has been prompted by a couple of things.... Firsty Bomber bringing some of his internationally acclaimed "six banger nats IPA" down from Rocky last month.... And a couple of weeks back attending a bucks night where the scenic rim breweries "fat man" was on tap all night..... The following day pure blonde tasted rather bloody average and tastless.....

My uncle owns scenic rim brewery so i should be able to get some advice there instead of asking 100 stupid questions here :):).

Im moving house soon, at which point i will get myself set up decently and start a build thread... I assume such a section exists :)

Cheers,

Skap.

As a fellow Brisvegas brewer I'll jump in and be the first to say welcome Skapinad.

Well sir it sounds like you're well on your way already and have a leg up on the rest of us as far as an inside lane to the industry is concerned. Don't be afraid to ask the stupid questions anyway, they've all been asked before (probably by me) and we've got more than a few friendly, experienced and helpful souls lurking about this forum who are happy to help. B)

I've just started into AG brewing myself after almost two years of kits, then extracts and then mini-mashes. Learning brewing is one hell of a fun journey isn't it, just don't drink and drive

Designing a build sounds exciting, check the gear and equipment section of the forum to see what others have done if you want some ideas. I've not got the space or the charisma required to charm permission out of my missus for a 3V or Herms brew system but I'm doing pretty well with LRGs 2 pot + Lauter Bucket system.

Good luck with the move sir and let us know how you go with the brewing!

Gidday Menoetes.

Sir ? Mate will do :)

I actually went to school with a guy whos first name was Menoe !

I have a lot to learn, but should be fun.

Cheers for the welcome.

A couple of familiar names from the GMH-T forum! Welcome Skap, you've got the most important part (the kegs) sorted out already so the rest is easy.

Enjoy.

stevemc32 said:
A couple of familiar names from the GMH-T forum! Welcome Skap, you've got the most important part (the kegs) sorted out already so the rest is easy.

Enjoy.
You seem familiar ;). I Just gotta stop being lazy now and have a crack... Also wanna make my own rum, but thats a whole different kettle of fish ....

skapinad said:
This has been prompted by a couple of things.... Firsty Bomber bringing some of his internationally acclaimed "six banger nats IPA" down from Rocky last month.... And a couple of weeks back attending a bucks night where the scenic rim breweries "fat man" was on tap all night..... The following day pure blonde tasted rather bloody average and tastless.....
It warms my heart to hear this sort of thing. Until you venture out in the world of beer you really have no idea what's out there.
Sounds like you've already on the down side of the slippery slope! Took me years to get into kegs. Jump on the all grain team bandwagon and your life will change. Enjoy the journey.

stevemc32 said:

Enjoy.
Erro mate :D

Hello all,

I am also new in this forum site. And this is my first message. I know here all member are very friendly. Hope all are will help me in anything about. Thanks all Just now please welcome me all. :)

Back