Hi temp tubing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobjF

Reaction score
Hey guys any advice on where to get good hi temp tubing at a reasonable price.
Cheers Rob

I recently purchased some from aliexpress.

It was about $10 per metre. Silicone hose.

Heavy duty silicone tubing at Keg King for $5 p/m

I forgot to mention that the ID on my hose is 25mm.

I couldn't find anything that size in Australia without spending big $$$$

I searched for silicon hose in 25mm ID in oz and finally came up with this place in WA
http://www.silicone-tubing.com.au/silicone_tubing.htm?gclid=CPKdiJODrrgCFWFlpgod5zgAOQ
If its 1" hose you're after be warned its bloody expensive, they charge about $105/m! it made me want to cry, especially seeing brewologist found it so cheaply. I console myself with the knowledge its quality stuff tho, not chinese stuff...
I was looking for 1", I'd just get it from a HBS if it 1/2" u need.

As stated above, keg king has silicone hose for $5. They will mail as well.

Linky (page 39 of the cattle dog)

JD.

slightly off topic/thread hijacking so my apologies, but i wanted to know if i was no-chilling, could you theoretically transfer the recently boiled wort into the no-chill cube shortly after boiling? so as not to let it sit out and potentially get unwanted nasties? can those silicon tubes handle boiling wort?

Yeah mate, they're usually good up to about 300 degrees and I've been doing it like that for years.

That is the whole principle of no-chill. Boil, whirlpool and cube in fairly quick succession.

JD

Back