Hi - homebrewer moving to Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you need any motivation to brew head to your local and smash a few VBs then (after you finish throwing up) go to a quality bottle shop and cry at the prices of anything that's better than shit.

If that won't get you starting the next bulk buy, nothing will.

Yeah, did that today thinking it would be a good idea to buy beer and save the bottles. I may just wait til my stuff arrives and buy empty bottles at the homebrew store. Prices are crazy!

Just a quick update on my regulator:
I brought my US one which doesn't work on local bottles. But I was able to scavenge the stem and nut from a local (broken) regulator and swap it easily. My reg (and the scavenged one) both had left hand threads, but not all regs do so keep that in mind.

1st all grain batch is in the fermenter and will get kegged in the next week. All I lneed is keezer temp controller and I'll be set!

As suggested I will be investing in a fermentation fridge. It's hot here.

Half of our stuff has come from Gumtree :D
Including a 145L Hisense chest freezer which looks like it'll fit 4 kegs with a collar!
I haven't checked out FB marketplace, but will. Thanks for the tip!

Tip: gumtree.com.au is generally better than ebay for picking up second hand bargains like chest freezers.
It's better for local second hand stuff in general.

Also on FB join this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/innersydneybrewers/

We (they) meet on the first Wednesday of each month in the city (downtown) and hold other loosely organized events throughout the year.

And if you have nothing to do in the evenings on second Wednesday of each month, come to Flat Rock Brew Cafe at Naremburn and have a few drinks with the Flat Rock Homebrew Club - starts around 6:30pm.

Latest posts

Back