hi from qld

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad1

Reaction score
hey everyone. zero experience with beers ciders etc. I know about spirits but also know enough that it's a whole different game. I'm interested in starting off easy and want to keg a beer and maybe cider to put in a fridge with a tap for the wknds watching footy v8s etc. I enjoy summers, northerns etc and would really like to be able to make something along those lines! So if anyone has any SIMPLE recipes to kick me off I'd be much appreciative.
I have the fermenters, 2x 20lt kegs 1x 50lt keg. no gas. a bunch of fittings and taps that I need to clean up, all stuff I got from a fella who got out of the hobby.

thanks again fellas, be kind to me :)

Welcome to the fray

Lots of great information and good advice here

What method are you planning to get into it? (Kit, Fresh Wort, Extract, Grain )

Cheers

well I would like to keep it simple and cheap otherwise what's the point. probably to kick off it would be great if there was a kit out there that would give me a delicious end result. get my feet wet with the beer side of things and see if I like it and can progress from there to more in depth forms of brew. I don't really want to get into grains and mash tuns etc I stay away from that with the spirits too not a bourbon fan :). thanks seaque.

1 can coopers mexican cervesa

1kg light dry malt extract

300 g dextrose

20 g Cascade hops

Method:

Bring 2 ltrs water and 200g ldme to the boil, remove from heat, add hops and steep for 10 minutes .

Add other ingredients to fermentor and pour still hot hop/malt/water in, leaving most of the hop debris in the pot. Stir until ingredients are combined. Top up fermentor to 22ltrs with tap water.

Use kit yeast or us-05.

Ferment @ 18-20c.

Easy drinking summerish ale at around 4.7 abv.

Thanks matey, I had hoped to get the hbs this weekend but being mothers day wknd other people had different plans lol. can't wait to get started. should probably read up about fermenting and kegging it I guess the little bit of $ isn't a problem but I'd hate to waste the time to do it for it to go south :(

Back