Hi from perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rothy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm from perth, first brew is in the fermentor blahblahblah, just thought i'd say hi, my frist brew has stopped bubbling out the air lock a day early than the five days they told me, (It's morgans australian lager that came with the kit, I've been told to ditch this stuff but i figure ifi mess up my first brew, it may as well be the one supplied) five days seems a little short but anyways, i'll be lucking around here till i cantfindor have a worhty question for you guys

Laters

Welcome. Some great info here have a look around.
Who told you to ditch the brew?

Don't, it will be fine. A hydro reading will let you know if it's finished.
A fast ferment will most likely be down to the warm temperature.

it's sitting on the 20-24 mark. It was a guy from work, he bought the coopers kit from big w and he tell me that it was horrible, along with every other time he has followed the recipes on the box/can, extra kg of dex and extra malt does the trick apparently, for him anyways, never tried his brew myself,

Don't ditch it. If it's no good after three or four weeks in the bottle. Keep it, it most likely will improve.

I , and heaps of others, started with a coopers kit. My neighbour bought me one as a gift after I fixed his computer.
I was amazed that my first brew was actually drinkable.

There is heaps of info here to improve your beer.
Good yeast and temperature control will give you quick improvements.

Get quality ingredients, go into your lhbs and talk to the staff.
What suburb are you in? Not all all home brew stores are created equal.

armadale, just went down to back 2 basics, they seem to stock everything i need and are friendly enough, the website is shocking, id assume the aircon will keep the house at around 23 over summer but i'm looking for a heat mat too,not that lack of heat will be a problem, i have a brew cellars kit and just bottled today, see how they are, i go to kalbarri in a week for a week so i might chill one after i get home

but,,,,,,,,, i do have a broken bar fridge, that could be helpful

Broken in the way thay shorts the breaker when turned on

Latest posts

Back