Hey guys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry_hampstead

Reaction score
G'day beer lovers

I'm new to this site been having a read thru some of threads ssooooo much info it's great it looks like a great community. I'm getting back into home brewing after a long time off and still class myself as a beginner. I would love to get into extract recipes straight away what is the difference between kits and extracts?. And are extracts very difficult ?

Cheers bottoms up

Extract brewing is essentially controlling the hop additions yourself, extract is under bittered and understanding flavoured.

Welcome to the board

Barry_hampstead said:
G'day beer lovers

I'm new to this site been having a read thru some of threads ssooooo much info it's great it looks like a great community. I'm getting back into home brewing after a long time off and still class myself as a beginner. I would love to get into extract recipes straight away what is the difference between kits and extracts?. And are extracts very difficult ?

Cheers bottoms up
Have a look at Ianh's spreadsheet will give you a good idea how to move from kits to extracts

Latest posts

Back