Here we go AGAIN!!!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget, they put an off topic category in on purpose, promoting discussion about things other than brewing.
Do you get angry about the gardening thread as well?

View attachment 122103
No, not if they are put in a gardening sub where I can ignore them! This thread didn’t start in OT it was mover here.
What I am "angry" at is the constant K v K crap being played out in nearly every thread. Admittedly it hasn’t been so bad lately, just don’t want to see it starting up again.
If someone wants to start a "I Hate Kegland Because...." thread, good luck to them, I will be able to ignore that to.

That raises a good question, if he's doing all this work and the forum has sponsors and supporting members, why don't they chuck him a few bucks every now and then? Or some free gear from a sponsor or something.
I can’t answer that question, you would have to ask Admin (good luck with that). Maybe philrob just likes seeing a forum that is well run and is willing to put in some of his time to that end. Maybe he just likes being flogged with barbed wire; again you are asking the wrong person.
Mark

I can’t answer that question, you would have to ask Admin (good luck with that). Maybe philrob just likes seeing a forum that is well run and is willing to put in some of his time to that end. Maybe he just likes being flogged with barbed wire; again you are asking the wrong person.
Mark

TBH... From my time moderating admin was pretty hands off. I didn't see them do much deletion/editing. They tended to just check in from time to time.

I genuinely believe that the concept this forum is run be KL somehow is just a stupid conspiracy theory.

As far as @philrob goes. I agree with MHB he is a decent bloke and pretty fairhanded with his moderating.

Moderating is a shitty thankless job. I have it away because it's just not worth the crap. Hats off to @philrob for sticking it out going solo.

If you really think this forum is "run" by anyone with a hidden, or not hidden, agenda driven by a particular retailer then you're dumber than most of us think you are and you need to get a new tin foil hat

Don't tell porkies. I have not deleted any edit to your post. This forum is run by the owners of AHB, not me, not you, not any other member.
I agree with MHB, I don't give a flying fig about KL or KK or anyone pushing a barrow for either of them, so long as you stick within the rules of what's permissible in sponsors' threads. I have never done business with either of them, as I still use my ultra budget 3V system I set up 15 years ago, and I have no interest in spending my dollars on fancy gear I don't really need to brew beer I enjoy. I joined here because I homebrew, no other reason. If you can't live with that, run your own forum with your own agenda, but just let AHB be what it is.
Not telling porkies, the edit was removed. And I never said you deleted the post. As for starting another forum that has been tried before as well you know as you were part of the revolution against AHB. Didn't take long for you to come scurrying back.

I would like the same, a forum where free pot shots aren't allowed to be fired at a rival in the home brewing trade. But this isn't the case here.
With no business acumen either by yourself or admin. A word of advice. Never ever burn your bridges. Momentum changes.

Mark the best brewing forum which is purely about brewing is Pro Brewer, it is a great forum where a lot of knowledge can be absorbed. There are no posts about what colour should I paint my door, how to make pumpkin scones or how bad Keg King is doing compared to Keg Land. Every post and thread is about brewing.

As the OP I feel some responsibility for this thread, to be clear, I did NOT! accuse anyone in particular for locking the other thread (maybe read it again with your blinkers off) and my only reference to one of the "K's" was their promotion of their fb group which is accurate.
The rest was my personal thoughts on where this forum could be headed, and why.
I went to post on that thread and found it "locked" given my recent history with philrob I think my frustration was warranted hence my original post. Had philrob responded to my post as he did to YAPN's we wouldn't be on the second page of this thread.
I reckon a forum is a bit like a pub, cliques, mates, blow in's, people at one end of the bar that hate the people at the other end, punters the Landord favours, and those he doesn't, it's all good as long as everyone gets treated fairly, and no one loses an eye.
Diversity can be the life blood or the death knell of a society, I believe it should be celebrated.
Please stop the sniping and the point scoring, if you can't drink next to one another then maybe move to the other end of the bar.
Oh! And philrob isn't the first Landord I've had issues with and probably wont be the last. ;)

Well weal, you got your wires crossed about me. You seem to know more about me than I do, but I think you confuse me with someone else. No point trying to correct you.

Never mind. It's been a fun journey through this and the other thread.

As for Grumblz, so sorry for denting your feelings. I recommend a beer or two to get over it.

Gents, I don't care how much you try to bait me, it won't have any affect on me. I'll just quietly carry on.

philrob take your passive aggressive somewhere else, your response merely reinforces what many think about you, may I suggest the other "side" of the bar as you are the landlord, Mark the fact that you applaud his post speaks volumes, I'll always value your "pro" knowledge, good luck with your arrogant friend.

Back