Here we go AGAIN!!!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grmblz

Reaction score
What happened to Wide Eyed And Legless?
Thread locked! So is this admin or mod? Once again any adverse discussion regarding KL or its employees gets locked, if it's Admin then it's pretty much the end of this forum other than as an extension of KL's fb page, if it's mod then really! philrob have you learned nothing about the effects of heavy handed moderation. To both admin and mod, guys this is not a US site, Aussies are different, we give and take sh*t, please don't try to sanitise healthy discussion. You're going to end up with a dead site full of noobs that will take a quick look then go to fb anyway. And when this forum no longer gives them any traction kl will drop it, along with their sponsorship, they already try to steer their posters to their fb group, duh! it aint rocket science.

It was briefly locked for a while, because I moved it from brewing discussion to off topic.
Nothing sinister, nothing to do with censorship. I was dealing with other issues at home during the process, so was interrupted, before I unlocked it again.
Obviously caused a great deal of distress to members, nobody has posted a thing there since it was done.
You are always welcome to open a dialogue with Admin if you feel you are better placed to be a moderator than I am. I'm in the process of selling and moving house, so AHB is not exactly at the top of my current list of priorities.
Over and out.

Strange the different response YAPN got, I get a flat contradiction, YAPN gets an explanation, have you learned anything from this Mark?

That’s because you had a massive sook, yapn simply stated that he noticed that the thread was locked….

I got an edit to a post deleted today for pointing out, that a new member, with his first, one and only post, resurrected a 2 year old thread allowing Kee to come in and have a shot at Keg King! Blind Freddie can see this forum is being manipulated by KL with false accounts.
So who is running AHB?
Kegarator X 4Tap Build (Will it ever happen?)

Not F***ing YOU!
I come here to talk about brewing, I don’t give a frig about either of the companies, have bought from both and honestly aren’t all that impressed with the quality from either; but you get what you pay for.
Yes I found the two K's taking shots at each other pretty silly and am glad that that’s largely stopped. What was even more annoying was you and your mate jumping into every thread and spraying piss on everything. Seriously it’s a brewing forum; just let it go; and get back to talking about brewing.
I think we are all old and ugly enough to decide where we spend our dollars, everyone knows your opinion on what we should be doing, no need to tell everyone again and again and....
Getting pretty sick of cheap shots being taken at our 1 remaining Mod too! He does the job for free and really has taken more than his fair share of crap, there are no big conspiracies, no hidden agendas, and in my opinion he has been very restrained. My experience of philrob is that he is an honest dealer and is trying to make the best of what I would regard as pretty extreme provocation. A truly thankless task, personally I wouldn’t want the job.
Mark

I got an edit to a post deleted today for pointing out, that a new member, with his first, one and only post, resurrected a 2 year old thread allowing Kee to come in and have a shot at Keg King! Blind Freddie can see this forum is being manipulated by KL with false accounts.
So who is running AHB?
Kegarator X 4Tap Build (Will it ever happen?)

Don't tell porkies. I have not deleted any edit to your post. This forum is run by the owners of AHB, not me, not you, not any other member.
I agree with MHB, I don't give a flying fig about KL or KK or anyone pushing a barrow for either of them, so long as you stick within the rules of what's permissible in sponsors' threads. I have never done business with either of them, as I still use my ultra budget 3V system I set up 15 years ago, and I have no interest in spending my dollars on fancy gear I don't really need to brew beer I enjoy. I joined here because I homebrew, no other reason. If you can't live with that, run your own forum with your own agenda, but just let AHB be what it is.

Seriously it’s a brewing forum
Don't forget, they put an off topic category in on purpose, promoting discussion about things other than brewing.
Do you get angry about the gardening thread as well?

1652999336205.png

Don't tell porkies. I have not deleted any edit to your post. This forum is run by the owners of AHB, not me, not you, not any other member.
I agree with MHB, I don't give a flying fig about KL or KK or anyone pushing a barrow for either of them, so long as you stick within the rules of what's permissible in sponsors' threads. I have never done business with either of them, as I still use my ultra budget 3V system I set up 15 years ago, and I have no interest in spending my dollars on fancy gear I don't really need to brew beer I enjoy. I joined here because I homebrew, no other reason. If you can't live with that, run your own forum with your own agenda, but just let AHB be what it is.
The edit was there when I changed channel. Disappeared overnight.
Letting AHB be what it is is giving it to KL to take cheap shots at another manufacturer. Though its in the rules not to.

Once more, I did not delete an edit.
Neither you nor I set the rules. We don't own the forum.
If the owners want to let the forum run as it is, then so be it.
If you want to do it your way, do it elsewhere, or buy the forum out and take it over.
Constant griping doesn't really advance anything.

Getting pretty sick of cheap shots being taken at our 1 remaining Mod too! He does the job for free and really has taken more than his fair share of crap

That raises a good question, if he's doing all this work and the forum has sponsors and supporting members, why don't they chuck him a few bucks every now and then? Or some free gear from a sponsor or something.

Back