[help Wanted] Legal Advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beernography

Reaction score
I'm up the shit though - does anyone know off the top of their head if a magistrate will contact persons who had provided character references for another?

TIA!

What's it for? Most likely not, they read it for reference and that's that.

Unless it's not so petty.

Malicious damage :/

I'm guessing they just read it and file it in case they need to dredge it up in the future, but I'm not 100% obviously. I was kinda picturing the madj picking up the phone and calling referees but seems unlikely to me... not sure as I have never had anything to do with courts before

PM me if you need a hand.

PS, I'm not a crim! Just recent experience.

I'm up the shit though - does anyone know off the top of their head if a magistrate will contact persons who had provided character references for another?

TIA!
definately not. ...cheers..spog...

Magistrates rely on the evidence before the court only. The prosecutor and/or defence lawyer may make checks only. The magistrate can direct either of them to make those checks. If it has already been handed up and dealt with, then no, they won't check.

Verified references have greater weight than unverified. Lawyers won't hand up a dodgy reference.

All of the above refers to Queensland, but is probably the same in NSW (no guarantees).

If you represented yourself, you may be aware of the following:
"He who represents himself has a fool for a client"

If you represented yourself, you may be aware of the following:
"He who represents himself has a fool for a client"

Lol thanks for your concern. I had a lawyer though, thankfully.

The best bit was I was all dressed up in sensible clothing and some tranny hookers thought I was a lawyer..I wish!

Latest posts

Back