Help! Small amount of percarb in wort, am i stuffed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeyr

" wait.. I had something for this.."
Reaction score
Half way through mashing a wheat beer and decided to percarb clean a kitchen kettle.

Poured the solution into the sink over my mash spoon ....... then got distracted for 1 minutes and stirred the mash without rinsing the percarb off the spoon?

Have I completely stuffed it?

Did some searches but couldn't' find anyone who was stupid as me owning up?? Or any advice???

Help appreciated

All good , breaks down rather quickly to hydrogen peroxide and soda ash.

I'd keep going.

Thanks Yob, turning into one of those sessions .......... just carefully kicked off my starter

Hang on ....... S04 ...... nah that's not right ......DOH!!

Looks like a double brew day then ...............

You beer will be crap. Send the whole lot to me and I will make sure that is disposed of in the correct manner.

All tucked in for the night................only time will tell now!!

IMG_20150607_174931.jpg

People put drops of peroxide into wine to bind sulphur if they are allergic to it. I found that weird science. Big dilution of the sod-per so don't book a funeral.

The spoon? I like the care factor.
We humble home brewers care more for much less chemicals in our consumptions than softdrinks consumed by millions.
As many I use sanitizer that is practically an ingredient of most soft drink. Am I wrong?

Back