Help, My Stir Plate Died!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

praxis178

Reaction score
What more do I need to say?

So now I'm in the market for a new one, any leads?

I'd prefer not to have to make one! :D

I bought one from here and am very happy with it. Being from the US he offered to not supply the power supply and instead threw in an extra stir-bar. I already had a spare AC adapter that im using for it, but you can find them at vinnies for $1 or brand new on ebay for $15. Otherwise you can buy US>AUS electricity adapters from discount stores.

I'd prefer not to have to make one! :D
Speed controlled computer fan, old telephone or similar charger, and something to mount it on - seems a little too easy to call that 'making one'. ;)

Speed controlled computer fan, old telephone or similar charger, and something to mount it on - seems a little too easy to call that 'making one'. ;)

What wolfy said sort of, pots and resistors really suck, i did that and wow what a waste of time! Since dissing/or it breaking down, that shit and going computer fan, diff voltage spinner, no crazy wiring pots etc. All is good! Sure Lethal Corpse will tell us otherwise thou.
A lot depends on the vessel you are stirring i.e volume and base. Generally you cant go wrong with a fan and an adjustable supply, adjustable reads 4.5 volt for that vessel, 9 volt for that vessel etc etc

I bought one from here and am very happy with it. Being from the US he offered to not supply the power supply and instead threw in an extra stir-bar. I already had a spare AC adapter that im using for it, but you can find them at vinnies for $1 or brand new on ebay for $15. Otherwise you can buy US>AUS electricity adapters from discount stores.
How much was shipping on that one ?

was that and offer to knock one up for me and bring it to the swap?

was that and offer to knock one up for me and bring it to the swap?
If I had the parts for one sure ... otherwise it seems a new speed-controlled computer fan is about $20, do you have a old phone charger (or 6-12V power adapter), something to mount it on, and the kindness not to blame me if/when it breaks and/or burns something down? ;)
Edit: and a stir-bar? ... I have some spare magnets. ;)

Latest posts

Back