Help Me

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
ok guys i know some of you make dog biscuits out of your spent grain, is there any chance that somebody could be really helpful and share a recipe with me as id like to start doing this
cheers barls

That would be a good idea. Captain Ron could sit back, eat a few biscuits and wash it down with a "Hand Crafted Ale" ;)

Just whipped this together tonight.

3 cups spent grain
3 cups flour
tablespoon peanut butter
tablespoon butter
handful diced bacon
2 eggs

Combine all the ingredients together until you have a crumbly paste. Then flatten out onto a pizza tray and score with a pizza cutter. Bake until hard at 150C.

First time I've tried it, hope she likes em.

:lol:

You should always read the first post before the last hey.... I was just sitting here giggling thinking you'd just come home smashed crab on a promise to cook the bride dinner, Josh

Geez... for the life of me I couldn't see how she'd like them much

Just whipped this together tonight.

3 cups spent grain
3 cups flour
tablespoon peanut butter
tablespoon butter
handful diced bacon
2 eggs

Combine all the ingredients together until you have a crumbly paste. Then flatten out onto a pizza tray and score with a pizza cutter. Bake until hard at 150C.

The proof is in the pudding so to speak. Summer loved the biscuit. Even gave a little growl when I tried patting her while she munched on it.

The recipe above gives a fair bit of dough. Too much for one pizza worth of biscuits. Next time I'll use 4 cups of grain and flour, 1 more egg and split the batch so that I make two pizzas giving 16 bickies.

Schooey: the missus at least gets a bit of salt to taste.

Even gave a little growl when I tried patting her while she munched on it.

:blink:

I hope you're talking about your dog.

Otherwise this shoud be in Off Topic shouldn't it? ;)

Latest posts

Back