Help! I Broke My Beer Out Post On My Keg!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatus

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a beer-mergency!

I accidentally put my gas ball-lock connector onto my beer out post. It surprisingly wasnt a struggle to get on, but took some man handling to get it off once i realised what a dingbat I was. It came off, but now I cant get any beer flowing when i connect my actual beer out ball-lock connector. Any guesses on what I may have broken? Any suggestions for a quick fix? Was hoping to serve beer out of that keg tomorrow =(

Cheers
goatus

What do you see when you vent the pressure and remove the post with a spanner? I can't imagine it "breaking"

What do you see when you vent the pressure and remove the post with a spanner? I can't imagine it "breaking"

Never serviced it? most likely its filled with gunk.
It the beers not coming out, then the poppet is fine, and the post is solid S/S, built like a tank.

Check to see your beer out connection has the pin in it?

Its never broken until beer is squirting out :lol:

Try pressing down the poppet using the end of a screwdriver etc and see if you get a little beer fountain.
If so then it's likely the QD. If not then degass keg and remove post and have a look.

Christ, my whole rig is falling apart. I figured out why no beer was coming out.. it wasn't the post, my thermostat on my chesty also broke, temp dropped to -8, and froze the beer in the beer in the line. The beer in the keg seems to not have been frozen. I better perform some maintenance once i have got through these kegs. lol.

Thanks for your help all.

Christ, my whole rig is falling apart. I figured out why no beer was coming out.. it wasn't the post, my thermostat on my chesty also broke, temp dropped to -8, and froze the beer in the beer in the line. The beer in the keg seems to not have been frozen. I better perform some maintenance once i have got through these kegs. lol.

Thanks for your help all.
lol

good luck

if a keg is partually frozen, you probably shouldn't drink it as the remaining beer when the ice block melts, will be diluted.

i bumped the thermostat on my fridge once and nearly froze a keg full, was like icecream... let it thaw out and it was fine, one of my best haha

eh? :huh:

If you hook into it while its still partially frozen just call it an eis(insert beer style here).

http://www.germanbeerinstitute.com/Eisbier.html

Once its completely thawed it will be the same concentration as it was pre freeze.
if he drinks it all when it is partually frozen .. it will be a eis...
but if he 1/2 drinks the unforzen beer, and then allows the ice block to melt into the remainder .. he will have a pretty poor beer.

Latest posts

Back