Hello

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LM600

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just saying Hi from the UK.

I'm 38, live in Milton Keynes which is about 50 miles north of London and I've been brewing for ~3 years starting out with turbo ciders through kits onto extracts and more recently AG.

Going to bottle my second AG Hefe. tomorrow (so that'll be today for you Guys!) and get a SMaSH Pilsner on the go.

Here's the recipe I plan on if you're interested :

5000g Pilsner Malt
100g Saaz (50g @ 90 mins / 25g @ 30 mins / 25g @ 5 mins)
1 Protofloc
1ltr Wyeast Urquell yeast starter
Target brew length is 20ltrs
90 minute mash
90 minute boil

I've got some Brewlabs Pils and Belgium yeast slopes being cultured which will be ready for shipping next week so that sorts out next weekends brewing shenanigans.

Anyway, that's me. Good to be here and I hope I can positively contribute to an already great site.

Cheers,

LM600

Welcome!

Pils looks interesting. No decoction?

Cheers Synthetase,

I'm still figuring out the "Whys, Where's and Wherefores" of AG, so, no decoction at the moment....a simple 90 minute mash at 66.2-4C

It came out pretty light in colour and the yeast is doing it's thing at the moment, so, I'm quite happy!

The kit I have is :

Plastic boiler - 25ltrs
Mash Tun - converted cool box, 20ltrs
Various FV's

I may get a 30ltr boiler as the 25 is a pain in the backside with boilovers.

Cheers,

LM600

Welcome to the Aussie forum LM600. Can i ask why you're getting into home brew, with such a diverse range of beers over there? Although i would have to say i think i would still be brewing if i lived in the UK. Lucky you that you have some good access to quality beer. Anyway let us know how your pils turns out.

Hi LM600
Are you the M.K. guy on Jims? ;) If so glad to have you on board. Here in OZ we have the best of both worlds - old and new world brewing - and our brews are as likely to be a Timothy Taylor lookalike made on Thomas Fawcett Golden Promise as they are to be a Fosters Clone made on local stuff. :super:
So you'll be right at home here.

Cheers
Bribie

Back