Hello from Chicago

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewcraig

Reaction score
Chicago USA brewer here. I am lucky in the fact that there are half a dozen homebrew shops within an hour of my home, and even more craft breweries. Chicago is a great place to be!

I found this site when searching for new recipes to try. And, after spending some time reading, I felt like I should post and say HI!

I'm an old/new brewer.. I brewed a decade ago, but then got married to a girl whose father was an alcoholic, and she didn't care for my hobby, so I gave it up. But last year she was receptive to it, after spending a decade married to me and seeing that I was not an alcoholic.. So I bought new gear, and am now a BIAB brewer or smallish batches (1 to 5 gallons)

Cheers,

Craig

Welcome. I've always been impressed with photos of the architecture I see in Chicago. A former Yank, I never managed to make it to your fair city. Been in Oz 15 years now.

Funnily enough, the more I brew the less I drink. Even my wife has commented on it.

Mardoo said:
Welcome. I've always been impressed with photos of the architecture I see in Chicago. A former Yank, I never managed to make it to your fair city. Been in Oz 15 years now.

Funnily enough, the more I brew the less I drink. Even my wife has commented on it.
I have found the same thing about brewing and drinking less, Weird..

Gavin

I find that the more I brew, the more friends I have, which in turn means the less I drink, because there's less left for me.. ha!

homebrewcraig said:
I find that the more I brew, the more friends I have, which in turn means the less I drink, because there's less left for me.. ha!
I was thinking the same thing!! Although my last keg of porter goodness was all mine.. didn't last long enough for friends..

Gavin

Welcome aboard, mate.

Have never had the fortune of visiting Chicago - would love to.

Oh, and the more I brew, the more I drink.
:chug:

Latest posts

Back