Hello from Broadford

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennek

Reaction score
Hi all :p

New to brewing and just bottled a coopers lager that came with the kit. Pretty simple for most here I know (so pls stop the eye rolling lol) but having no experience brewing myself this site has been great answering the many questions a noob has re sanitizing, temps, SG readings etc etc.

So a big thanks to those here sharing their knowledge. :D

Next one is a coopers aussie pale ale :drinks:

Cheers
Ken

Great Kit the Pale Ale.. SWMBO's favorite and I have one on in a keg at the moment.. was always my go to kit as a base for all my beers when I was kits'n'bits brewing.. a nice solid base to build up.

I used to get up your way on the dirt bike quite a bit and used to martial at the World Moto x GP up there.. good times from what I can remember :lol:

Cheers

Yes I see a lot of people build up/add different things etc to the kits. Looking forward to it myself once I get the hang of the basics. Just being super careful sanitizing "everything" the wort comes in contact with and set up a temp controlled fridge for less hassles.

Just moved here Yob and haven't even been to the local track yet but hear the bikes most w'ends. Used to ride a fair bit up in the strathbogie ranges on the ol XR 400. Good times! :)

Hey Kennek
Welcome. I hope you find this forum as great as I did when I first started out, really a great bunch of people with a wealth of knowledge and someone always ready to help with some advice.
I'm not far from you in Seymour and the company I work for us based in Kilmore, always in and around broady so if can every be of help just send me a Pm.
Rob

Hey thanks for the welcome :)
And Rob I may just throw the odd stupid question at you lol. And yeah I travel past Seymour to Euroa each day for work.

No worries buddy anytime, and don't worry about asking questions it's all a learning curve. I still ask questions about things I'm struggling with. It's just about what stage you are at in your brewing journey.

Welcome mate. You don't need a flame suit because you're starting with kits and bits, it's where 99% of us started out too. But it sounds like you're on the right track, get familiar with the basics and then start stepping things up one at a time.

Just don't eat the yellow snow,

Al

Latest posts

Back