Hello everyone ...new member from WA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spohaw

Reaction score
Hello everyone at AHB ...

I am new to all this and I am looking forward to learning about Brewing , Hop growing and about setting up a keg system

Thanks in advance :beer:

Spohaw :D

Hello Nev , cheers for the invite but im in Denmark so its a bit out of the way ....but youve made me feel pretty welcome here

Cheers mate :beer:

Im in Albany Spohaw. Drop in for a brew at mine whenever you come down.

Cheers for the Welcome guys / girls

I moved down here 6 to 7 years ago Wilkensone ...it is pretty nice ...calmer then the city thats for sure

Thanks for the invite Pilgrimpiss :beer:

Finally got a brew going ... and ordered some kegs and some dissconnects and a tap for the fridge
just need a gas bottle a reg and some lines ...I think ... maybe a driptray :p

I can see this becoming addictive

Cheers

Hello all,.
Its great forum to discuss and share with others,.
I hope its best place to get the bundle of tips and information easily,.
Keep sharing all here,.

Yeah for sure, my folks have a house down in Denmark.. love it down there! I've always thought it would be great for growing hops, might be a bit cold sometimes though.

We went for a family holiday down to Pemberton last year (which is not *too* far from you, and same latitude) and stayed at a place on hopgarden road. Used to be a big hop farm down there supplying some of the major breweries, so the climate can certainly sustain it. Was run by the Bunns, and they did a massive amount of hops each year until the mid-70s I think?

Anyway, stopped on hopgarden road and there's wild hops growing everywhere there. Seems like the old rhizomes are still going strong, not that they've got any trellises or anything.

There's 2 hops rhizome suppliers down your way as well, I believe. Rupert (is he still supplying out of Albany?) from HopsWest and Hopshed is another I believe.

Hello everyone thanks for the welcomes

It is nice here Wilensone , I dont mind the cold ... its the heat that gets to me ..... and hopefully it is great for growing hops :D

Hello Kaiser Soze , Be great to get some of those rhizomes from Pemberton , I'd imagine only the strongest ones would have survived , they might not be the greatest hops and I know hops arnt ment to breed true but they should be able to pass on some traits to the next generation ...... and have you got any details on the Hopshed ? Would like to get a bit of a variety going .... cheers

Hello Bribie G , I have never heard of Lurpak butter .... your not thinking of Denmark the country are you , I live in Denmark Westeren Aus :p

Cheer everyone :beer:

Regardless Spohaw.. you need to get your hands on some Lurpak :icon_drool2:

You mean I was actually in Australia when Virgin chucked me off the plane?

Bastards

denmark.jpg

Latest posts

Back