Head Master Glasses

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to my Hospitality supply store yesterday to get a couple things and bought a couple 425ml Headstart glasses, couldnt believe it when she told me the price, $1.60(per glass).. :D I simply just could not believe how cheap they were, the standard 425ml glasses were only $0.90 aswell..

Then you get places like Target, Big W etc trying to flog Beer Glasses off for $30 for 6 of the f--kers..

Anyhow, I know where to buy any glass now..

Cheers

I got 6 of the 425mL Headmasters from fleabay this week after reading about them here. Bloody beautiful I have to say.
They've got a good feel to them and the nucleated base worked wonders on my poor version of Pale Ale.
Very happy with the post packaging too, props to the seller. They packed them in bubble wrap, then 3 each inside these thick air cushioned cylinders, lovely.

Wondering now how long it'll take me to work my way through the six with careless breakages.
This could be the start of a very tidy glass collection.

i got half a box of 48 from my local for about 40 bucks

They are cheap because people steal them from the pub.

I've got a few nucleated glasses, one is a Headmaster, the others aren't branded. They do work well though. I've also got a glass like the one pictured on the first page next to the beer jug with the red beer in it which is my main glass. It doesn't have an etched bottom but still seems to hold a pretty good head. I might make a few small scratches in it, might not. I had one previously that got broken that I'd etched myself and it worked really well.

I myself find they release the saturated co2 prematurely leading to less carbonation bite halfway through the beer, I believe these were bought out to allow faster pouring by inexperienced bar persons beer should not have that big soft frothy top you get from them you only need to watch the glass to see the co2 being quickly released when the idea is to maintain co2 saturation through out the beer

Are they commercially available to the public? In what quantities? I work part time up the street from a hospitality supplies comany in Fortitude Valley but I'm nearly always scheduled at weekends so they are shut, may take a special trip in there.
Or can you only souvenir them?

https://hoppydaysbrewingsupplies.com.au/product/crown-headmaster-425ml-schooner-glass/

https://hoppydaysbrewingsupplies.com.au/product/crown-headmaster-425ml-schooner-glass-box-of-48/

their courier is real cheap, or if you don't want to risk it, pick up at Virginia

I myself find they release the saturated co2 prematurely leading to less carbonation bite halfway through the beer, I believe these were bought out to allow faster pouring by inexperienced bar persons beer should not have that big soft frothy top you get from them you only need to watch the glass to see the co2 being quickly released when the idea is to maintain co2 saturation through out the beer

Drink faster

Latest posts

Back