Has This Gear Been Invented Yet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobblythongs

Reaction score
I'm after some basic stuff that I can't find anywhere even on ebay.

1. Magnetic chalk board to write over the taps on the fridge as chalk looks better than a white board in a marker pen.

2. one way fluid/beer valves in John Guest 8MM or similar to work behind the perlick/keg tap : not a non return gas valve thanks:

Forgive me if I'm blind as Stevie Wonder but I can't find anyone who sells this stuff.

Cheers.

I have a blackboard sticker on my fridge at home, you can get them from home/house stores, it's in the shape of a chicken. Or you could use whiteboard marker on the fridge itself and wipe it away when done.

Your second problem, I have no idea. Good luck.

Paint a magnetic whiteboard (or just a flat fridge magnet) with smoothsurface sealer then with chalkboard paint.

Cheers

There are some great tap handles out there, and some that are just out there...
64373263.jpg
As far as I know the JG check valve so prised on AHB is made for liquids and shouldn't really be used for gas at all.

MHB

Attachments

• 64373263.jpg
    64373263.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 19
The second item is like a line flush to clean the external tap if the tap hasn't been used for a few days, if you know what I mean.

Need a JG Tee a spare keg with PBW etc cleaner, hooks into the Tee pull the tap for a bit. The only way I can see it going to work is with NRV's so it dosen't get in the beer.

**** nearly had a heart attack from one place as I was thinking of buying 5 of them.

Paint the whole front of the fridge with blackboard paint.

#2 I've got a straight JG line fitting bout 100mm behind each tap,i just remove beer disconects from the kegs, remove beerlines from tap JG inline fitting,I made a hose assy with a "T"[1 side to each tap-the other goes to cleaning solution container[garden sprayer just replace the spray hose with beerline -pump away- open taps- easy peezy] no chance of beer contamination,cheaper than non return valve,dont have to worry bout sealing unused T piece

Latest posts

Back