Hardly Normal brew set up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The selling price for any item is quite simply what someone is willing to pay for it.

I personally fail utterly to see how a Bentley Mulsanne is worth 10 times more than a Camry if you are simply looking for a machine to transport you in comfort and good safety from a to b. However I guess there's a waiting list for the Bentley.

Continuing the car analogy I think we tend to lose sight of the fact that our hobby is in a range of many human hobbies, and often our brothers and sisters in other hobbies think nothing of spending tens of thousands to get their drag racer on the track or rebuild their Monaro to 100% street cred. We tend to be a bit spoiled in that our hobby is (relatively) inexpensive, but we shouldn't sneer at people who want to chuck several grand at it.

here endeth

And sometimes we need to look beyond the first iteration of a product to see its future potential. I remember when Plasma TV's hit the market at well over $10G and it was only the seriously well off who were the early adopters that could afford them. If this product finds its intended market segment then other manufacturers will be knocking out clones at half or a quarter the price to get at a wider market share.

Back