Happy Goblin Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insight

Reaction score
http://www.happygoblin.com/

Anyone know this guy? Dude is using a large homebrew system!

I found a bottle in the local beerstore in Crows Nest and purchased with a bit of trepidation. Note the hand-written ABV etc. The one I have is the Pale Ale. Nice gentle hops, and a slight honey aftertaste. Bit undercarbonated, but a nice quaffer all the same.

He must really love brewing if he's only doing 54L at a time! Good on ya fella, living the dream :chug:

Happy_Goblin.JPG

Jeez
Good on the bloke doing it in such small batches, that is classic! It probably wouldnt even pay for his time after he pays that greedy taxman, but full points to him none the less. If I ever see it anywhere, I will buy some.
All the best
Trent

I met the guy the other week, he was holidaying at a place I manage in the snowies, he had the logo on the car.

I ended up barraging the poor guy with questions. Pretty much all the info I got is on his website anyway.

You are right though, seems to be a young home brewer (chemistry graduate) trying to just break even with his own small brewery and some great ideas.

Hope he does well.

Good on the bloke, I hope he makes some money. He's taken the huge step of negotiating the layers of red tape it takes to go pro. Good luck to him. I just hope he makes enough to motorise his mill... :p

Geez, and a hand operated grain mill.

Will keep an eye out at the stockists listed on his website to give it a go.

Doc

[Hijack]
Whats with all the chemists that become brewers? The head brewer at MooBrew is also a chemist and I know another chemist who was producing the mash and running the still for Larks.

As a chemist I am wondering where this will lead me. Guess it beats being a labrat like me
[/Hijack]

Dont you just love that picture of the 57 litre fermenters on little wooden trolleys in his coolroom.

reminds me of that weird advert on TV for Tooheys Dry

He has outlets for his product that is the main thing must be a part time job weekends and evenings

crushes the grains at the weekends and bottles at night

Pumpy

Amazing, good on him :super:

i can't see him getting rich, but just love seeing people living the dream :)
I'll have to see if I can get some sent up here.

cheers Ross

WOW, how zen is that?

Visited this guys site, and am impressed with his ingenuity.

Hard work and a love of Craft beers has got him slaving for his dream.

he's doin it!...Hope his brews get the CULT following they deserve.

Real people...Real beer...... Love it :excl:

i can't see him getting rich, but just love seeing people living the dream :)

The way I see it, you never know. The businesses I see go the best start off small with little risk and then
slowly grow, learning and developing as they go.

This guy has moved out of his garage and now has a commercial premises, so he is slowly growing and learning.

Looking at his car (old and beaten up - but plastered with his advertising) and the way he camped without power on a ski trip, I reckon he knows how to keep his costs down.

Looking at his car (old and beaten up - but plastered with his advertising) and the way he camped without power on a ski trip, I reckon he knows how to keep his costs down.

More Power to him :excl:

I've got his business card at home, i think my fiance' rock climbs with him.? or something like that (i'm a bit too pissed to remember). but he must be sydney based. will ask for more info in the mornin.

mans got goolies...big big goolies...maybe thats why he's such a happy goblin ...good luck to him ...wonder if he'll do fresh worts packs (is that the correct term?)...maybe that way he'd get around the alcohol tax ?and it couldn't help but boost production...

Now that is living the dream :D . He seems to stock beer up at Hornsby, and my wife just started a tafe course up there today, might have to try and stop in there after picking her up. I shot an email off to him as well, might have a mini brewery tour.
Doc I might try and get some of this for Tuesday night :chug:
Eric

Good luck to him! Dogfish head started with a similar batch size if I'm not mistaken and look at them now. what I wouldnt give for a mixed case of their beers

[Hijack]
Whats with all the chemists that become brewers? The head brewer at MooBrew is also a chemist and I know another chemist who was producing the mash and running the still for Larks.

As a chemist I am wondering where this will lead me. Guess it beats being a labrat like me
[/Hijack]

Good on this bloke for having a go.

glenos,
better the chemists become brewers than do shit like biological warfare.
Beer is good enough to stop an army :)

cheers
johnno

Woah! That's just up the road from my place! I've been hearing about someone starting up a brewery locally for a few months now. The bloke who runs the brewshop at Asquith mentioned that he's come in for supplies there on a few occasions. And apparently a mate I work with knows the guy who runs it too. Small world! I've have to check this place out and see if any of his brews are in Jims Cellars.

what a champion, two thumbs up to this guy, great brewery name too :)

-Phill

Has anyone been in contact with him? Inevitable he is going to have to expand and it would be great if he posted a bit of a log as it happens.

Latest posts

Back